[FIXED] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

by Hi_its_Nobody

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Hi_its_Nobody  I would definitely call it a bug, however I've noticed the way it works is a lot more far-reaching than just eating.

I've noticed a LOT of the tasks are based upon WHERE the sims were when they were initiated. For example: If a sim is in the living room, and I tell them to go outside and grill some food, they'll go outside, grill, and bring the food back inside into the living room where they initially were and set the food down somewhere there because that's where they were when I started it.

If a sim who's a friend comes to the house and knocks, I tell my sim to go outside and "invite in". My sim goes outside, does the "invite in" animation, they both go inside, then they both go back outside and do the "friend" hug greeting because that's where they were when the hug greeting was queued up.

I've seen it with food also.

However it's not always that way. I've noticed sometimes my sim will get something to eat and take it to wherever his wife is and eat there just to be near her... which I think is rather sweet.

Message 41 of 120 (1,931 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I want to add that while they are better at finding a table to sit at when going to eat (thank you!) they do leave that spot when told to talk to another sim, even when the other sim is at the very same table. We all know that they won't join in conversation automatically when sharing a meal, right ( which is weird ) ? So I usually click the dinner company to talk to them. My  sim will get up, sometimes walk a circle around the table and get seated again. Sometimes not get seated. They can get up and sit down again several times during the same meal. 

Message 42 of 120 (1,846 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Psychotps That explains why my sims never sit at the kitchen table, because they’re never in the kitchen before I tell them to make food.

I’ve noticed this in other situations too. For example, if I have my sim ask another sim to duel at the duelling ground in the Magic Realm, they go to the duelling ground, then they go back to where they were before and have the duel there.
Message 43 of 120 (1,762 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'll tell them to eat somewhere specific and they'll go over, grab a serving of food, then drop the command to eat where I told them to and go somewhere completely different. Children do this with their homework as well, I'll tell them to do it somewhere specific and they'll drop the command and choose to do it somewhere else instead. I'll have to watch and see if where they choose to eat/do their homework is based on what room they started out in.

Message 44 of 120 (1,737 Views)

★ Guide

My sims always eat standing up instead of sitting down at the table. I have to queue up telling them to sit in a chair when I tell them to grab food in order to make them sit. 

Message 45 of 120 (1,697 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Kanelbullet Mine do this too!
Message 46 of 120 (1,639 Views)

Hero

Sims will no longer leave the dining table after they’ve started having their meal when using the “Call to Meal” interaction.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63 (or attempted to fix ?

Not marking this as fixed but rather, please let me know how this is going after the patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 120 (1,595 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Still happens in my game. I have to direct them to sit after grabbing a plate. Even with single serving meals my Sim will purposely stand either in front of fridge (when getting leftovers or quick meals) or at the counter to eat. I don't think it ever really stopped.

Game Version 1.58.63.1010 Patch 12Nov2019

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 48 of 120 (1,558 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After installing November 2019 patch, my sims still stand up and eat if using a round table but do sit and eat if using a square table.

Message 49 of 120 (1,526 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I read that as Sims will be way more likely to actually stay sitting once they've sat down instead of getting up for any little reason, not that they'll choose to sit more often to begin with. Have not tested myself yet as I have not patched (plan to later today), but that was just how I interpreted that patch note.
Message 50 of 120 (1,519 Views)