Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim(s) make some food and eat it and have a table with dining chairs and a couch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will either eat their food either on the couch or standing up, will rarely sit at the table.
What do you expect to see? Sims to go directly to the table when eating food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is really bugging me because it breaks story lines I create and they look so annoying when they stand and eat their food to me.

Message 1 of 120 (13,073 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

Hero

Sims will now use the dining table to eat again. Sometimes if I’m in a hurry, I grab a meal on the go and don’t sit down to eat, but sometimes you need to sit down and enjoy a nice meal, you know?

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please give details what you're eating if it's still happening and post a picture of your setup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 120 of 120 (6,814 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Sims sit or stand instead of eating at table

★★ Expert
yes. happens with mixed drinks/tea/coffee as well. -_-
Message 2 of 120 (12,961 Views)

Sims stand while eating

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, parenthood, get to work. city living, dine out, spa day,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? my sims stand while eating
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims stand while eating
What do you expect to see? my sims to sit while eating at a table
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After installing cats and dogs my sims stand while eating.

Message 3 of 120 (12,919 Views)

Re: Sims stand while eating

Hero
Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 120 (12,842 Views)

Re: Sims stand while eating

★★ Expert
thanks!
Message 5 of 120 (12,825 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims sit or stand instead of eating at table

★★★ Novice
I have this happen to me all the time. It is the most annoying thing when I'm trying to have a dinner party and everyone is standing or someone goes upstairs and eats at the computer desk.
Message 6 of 120 (12,789 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

Would any of you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

We are having trouble trying to reproduce this issue. And this would help us a lot. 

Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 120 (12,744 Views)

★★ Expert
hi @SimGuruIcarus!
here are my files to test out this issue. lately i've been seeing it happen most often with tea/coffee/mixed drinks.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!An43Z42J2d3aunIH9AAe-6rBDRM2
Message 8 of 120 (12,736 Views)

★ Apprentice
all the time. sometimes they'll eat at the breakfast bar counters. but since the babies turned to toddlers they all stand around the couch usually watching Tv, or some will go and sit on the toddler beds. very annoying.
Message 9 of 120 (12,717 Views)

★ Guide

It's especially annoying when they mac out in front of the fridge when two other sims are waiting to get something to eat and can't because their route is blocked.

The worst offenders are the Landgraab and Goth families. Gallagher Newson (from my gallery) is also particularly annoying about blocking others from using the refrigerator.

No mods/CC.

Message 10 of 120 (12,451 Views)