Re: Sims never sit down to eat at public tables after buying food at food stalls

by wildirishbanshee

Original Post

Re: sims not sitting down when eating (tiny living)

★★ Guide

I don't have tiny living but this happens to me with most tables/chairs. My sims will all just stand at the counter if the food was fresh or in front of the fridge if it was leftovers to eat. Sometimes they will walk PAST a dining/kitchen/patio table to sit on a couch, bed, or at a desk. If I direct a sim to sit down, others might follow the lead, but they might not. Usually the first one gets up to hug the dog or cat then goes to sit somewhere else or just finishes standing up. 

Message 61 of 120 (1,699 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

★★ Apprentice

Usally I could get around it by using the set table for season, but that does not work anymore. 

Message 62 of 120 (1,634 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MavandClide I've noticed that Sims are definitely not sitting when eating anymore. They tend to stand by the fridge stove and stand and eat rather than choose to sit and eat most times. Not everytime but most times.
Message 63 of 120 (1,597 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having this same problem since January. With 5 people in my household, game-play is unbearable. I have not played since then. I really miss it, but this seems to have been a problem for years that no one is willing to fix.

Message 64 of 120 (1,568 Views)

Sims never sit down to eat at public tables after buying food at food stalls.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All. (January 2020).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask your sim to buy food from a food stall, and watch uncontrolled Sims do the same. You will see that they all stand close to each other and do not use public tables to eat.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically, when Sims buy food from food stalls, they ALWAYS remain standing. This is something that happens 99% of the time. It is EXTREMELY rare to see Sims going to sit down to eat at a public table after buying things at the stall. The result of this is a cluster of Sims next to each other, all standing, close to the food stall. For me, this is something that breaks the immersion of the game a lot, it gets weird.
What do you expect to see? I hope that Sims will use public tables more often after buying food at food stalls, which is not happening right now.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌‌

It's been a long time since I've noticed this bug in my game, and I took pictures of it on several different occasions.

The bug is very simple to understand.

Basically, when Sims buy food from food stalls, they ALWAYS remain standing. This is something that happens 99% of the time. It is EXTREMELY rare to see Sims going to sit down to eat at a public table after buying things at the stall.

The result of this is a cluster of Sims next to each other, all standing, close to the food stall. For me, this is something that breaks the immersion of the game a lot, it gets weird.

Currently my game is in the most recent version, but as I said, this problem is something that I have been observing for some time, some several months.

Message 65 of 120 (1,580 Views)

★★ Pro

7.jpg

I hope the sims sit on the chair even on bar stools after taking food from the table

Message 66 of 120 (1,478 Views)

★ Apprentice

This keeps happening to me at my restaurant. (only dining seating) It is particularly annoying because I can't recommend dish until they sit down, but they won't sit down. It's worst with picnic tables. They sit down and immediately stand up.

It never happened at home; I didn't own a couch. I think the other seating area confuses sims; but one is a dining table and near the kitchen.

Message 67 of 120 (1,383 Views)

Re: Sims never sit down to eat at public tables after buying food at food stalls

★★★★★ Guide
@SimsTime Great work capturing these images I didn't even think about public venues. I know it happens in my Sims homes from time to time and I cannot fathom why. It doesn't matter where the dining room is either.
Message 68 of 120 (1,352 Views)

I find that if I have a kitchen island with seating or a bar with seating, they are more likely to be dumb and stand while eating. That being said, it's always a crapshoot with my sims on whether or not they sit at the dining room table or not while eating. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes when they don't they chose another logical place to sit, like at the kitchen island. Usually though, they just stand in front of the stove, chowing down on whatever they just cooked. They never sit to eat at food stalls, unless they start a conversation with another sim and that sim is seated. Or they luck out during the musical chairs they play while conversing.

Since I offered it in another thread, here is my latest save file. Maybe it will help, maybe not.

Message 69 of 120 (1,300 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm also having these same issues and it's frustrating. The diners never stay seated, and for me they NEVER complete their meal. When they're talking among themselves they seem to get so lost in the conversation that they'll disregard the food in front of them or if you have a drink with dinner once they finish the drink the food goes untouched with a couple bites remaining. If there's an invitation of a NPC you can't make them finish, and it makes it impossible to have a second order come to the table because of this. This has been ongoing for awhile, and no fix yet...

Message 70 of 120 (1,209 Views)