Re: [OPEN] Sims sit somewhere else or stand instead of eating at table

by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

Hero
@ShinoTypeError I know it sounds different but I was told it was this thread.

Maybe we got multiple issues in this thread though. I'm not sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 120 (2,765 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is very much not fixed in 1.58. Or that is, it's only partially fixed.

When my sims take leftovers from the fridge in the kitchen, they will normally find a place to sit close by. If they grab food that's placed on a chef station, they will also find a place to sit.

And I know this is probably a separate issue: If they are a holding a drink when they grab food from the fridge, they will reset and drop both items on the floor. But when they get around to grabbing food again, they will find a place to sit and eat, but they won't always grab the food they dropped.

When they use the bbq, it goes weird. I know this is probably a separate issue, but since 1.58 they will cook on the bbq and then look for a counter to put down the food. They will not put the freshly made food down on a dining table right next to the bbq, if there is a free counter anywhere on the lot, and that can get really annoying. So I've had to put a counter next to my sim's bbq to keep them from running all over the house with the food, and usually put it in a bathroom.

Now, when they grab food from the plate next to the bbq, they just stand there and block everyone else from getting food. Have to manually tell them to sit down at the table that's right next to them. And while they stand there block the path, other sims will seek other ways to make or get food.

Message 52 of 120 (2,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@TheSteelRodentYea, I noticed it's gone really weird now. It's SUPER annoying now. I'll want to have my sim sit down to do their college homework. I'll even walk them into their dorm room, sit down at the desk, and then direct them to do their homework. They'll actually now get up, walk completely across the lot and choose to do their homework on the FARTHEST location from where they were.

If their room is on the SE corner, they'll go to whatever is in the NW corner and do it there. I even moved their room to test this. I moved them to the NE corner and they always do their homework in the SW corner. It's SO annoying.

Same thing with food. They'll get food and either just stand there in front of the fridge or walk to some random spot on the farthest spot away.

Message 53 of 120 (2,666 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah the routing for where they go to eat and where they go to do homework makes no sense to me. Lots of crossing the entire house to go the most obscure location. Seems like it should be triggered on a room by room basis if there is anywhere to sit down in the room they are currently standing! Would be much better and save very valuable time in the university context.

Message 54 of 120 (2,551 Views)

My Sims just stand in front of the fridge instead of going to a seat a few steps away. It's getting annoying.

Message 55 of 120 (2,510 Views)

★ Guide

I'm observing this at the foodstall in the city where my Sim after buying food keep standing near the stall and not sit down at the nearby bench.

Message 56 of 120 (2,482 Views)

sims not sitting down when eating (tiny living)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats & dogs and tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i used the new dining table and chairs in tiny living (orbital high dining and not quite orbital sitting) but after i cook something i just stand in the kitchen and eat instead of sitting
What happens when the bug occurs? i don’t sit at the dining room table. even after clicking “sit” i don’t go and sit down until after i’m done eating
What do you expect to see? they should sit and eat instead of eating standing up in the kitchen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

nothing else to say. it’s small and easy to explain. thank u <3

Message 57 of 120 (2,520 Views)

Re: sims not sitting down when eating (tiny living)

★ Apprentice

I've also had sims in apartments / uni / other areas leave the actual lot and go sit sooooo far away wehn there is a table RIGHT by the kitchen area.

Message 58 of 120 (2,502 Views)

Re: sims not sitting down when eating (tiny living)

Hero
@afaulkner8 Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 120 (2,449 Views)

★ Guide

This happens to my sims, but only on tables that are soley marked as outdoor tables, including all umbrella tables, picnic tables and plain tables.

However, if the table is marked both as outodoor and an indoor table, like the "Poolside Table" or as an indoor dining table only my sim sits and eats.

Message 60 of 120 (2,416 Views)