[FIXED] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

by MrAustenM

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★ Novice

I got the same problem. 

Not just digitalistic sketchpad, sims also reset during writing. 

This make freelance jobs complete useless (sims cannot earn any money because they cannot complete any task)

Message 31 of 163 (2,525 Views)

Re: Digital sketchpad and Fridge glitches

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

is there a solution for the sketch pad on the other post? I posted this so I could get answers, after about an hour of searching online for solutions, so I’m not trying to search even further. I just want answers. and if it’s something that needs a patch, that’s fine, but maybe give me that information before you direct me somewhere else.

I’m a newbie, so it’d be helpful to get straight answers instead of pointed elsewhere like a normal IT person would do, lol...

also, how is EA supposed to know what packs everyone experiencing the issues has if we only have one forum dedicated to it? am I supposed to post my information on there? again, you’re policing the forums but not being very helpful.

Message 32 of 163 (2,498 Views)

Re: Digital sketchpad and Fridge glitches

Hero (Retired)
@shmiel26 I've merged your post into the bug post for the sketchpad issue. You are welcome to read through this post to see what others are saying.

This is currently a bug, and there is no fix for it. Please be patient.
Message 33 of 163 (2,477 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sorry I'm new, are they gonna fix this via update or are they gonna let us do it manually? I bought Sims on Steam

Message 34 of 163 (2,457 Views)

★★★ Guide

Have the same problem

Message 35 of 163 (2,425 Views)

Sims freelancer won't complete steps for gigs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs expansion pack, my first pet sims stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have sim become freelancer, then start a gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can study reference photos fine and it will check it off but then when I go to actually draw it stops right before completion and sim will drop tablet on ground. and it won't be checked off either. I've tried doing a different gig and same thing. I've tried restarting game, same problem. I've tried doing it several times and nothing will work.
What do you expect to see? i expect sim to finish the step and check to be marked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

none

Message 36 of 163 (2,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have this too. Painting gets to about 75% progress and then it resets.

Additionally I was trying to do the painting over and over repeatedly to get my sim to sit and paint, but at the 4th attempt the game crashed rather than the pad resetting. Unclear if the crash is related to the pad or not.

Message 37 of 163 (2,397 Views)

Freelancer- sketchpad character sketch bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.assests.live-sp10.187
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Life, Discover U, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Parenthood, Dine Out Tiny living, laundry day, fitness stuff, bowling night, backyard, romantic garden, cool kitchen, perfect patio Also: holiday celebration and Grims guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using the sketchpad to make a character sketch for a freelance job
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims gets about 75%-90% done with the task then glitches out and teleports away from the sketchpad causing the task to end abruptly. This results in a complete loss of that character sketch as it doesn't save progress you have to do it all in one sitting.
What do you expect to see? A finished character sketch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Video of Glitch: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/jt35u2/bro_my_sims_stops_sketching_and_glitches/?utm_medium=...

• This is the official sims 4 reddit but if you need a Google drive link I will provide.
Message 38 of 163 (2,365 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MrAustenM same here
Message 39 of 163 (2,373 Views)

Sims 4 Freelance Artist Sketchpad issue

★★★ Newbie

Xbox One - 

I have tried completing multiple freelance artist gigs and any time i paint on the sketchpad nothing happens. 

No painting goes to my inventory, no option about a painting shows up when clicking on my sketchpad, in fact my characters gig checklist doesn't even register that I have done it? 

Yet I'm being charged simoleons and levelling up skills? 

I'm really confused 

Message 40 of 163 (2,373 Views)