[FIXED] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

by MrAustenM

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★★ Newbie

Yes I’m seeing the pen in hand too, had to go and check this after seeing your comment. 

Message 21 of 163 (5,951 Views)

Digitalistic sketchpad won't finish pieces.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have no installed packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the digitalistic sketchpad, attempt to paint/draw a piece.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to draw a painting and my sim starts and almost finishes before dropping the sketchpad and not having the painting finish.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to finish their painting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent update—on Nov. 10, 2020.

I'm trying to get my sim to finish her freelance job as an artist. The icons simply won't finish, and the same goes for any piece I attempt to have her make on the digitalistic sketchpad. The easel is not affected.

Message 22 of 163 (5,937 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★★★★ Novice

Also having this exact issue.  No mods, no CC. Tried resetting to factory default and problem still exists.

Message 23 of 163 (5,934 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I am not saying here that misery loves company, but I am happy to see I am not the only one with this issue. I also tried using the repair option for the game... it did not change anything. You have to give EA props for giving us additional content, but it just seems some bugs (like this one) could (or should) have been dealt with before releasing the new content. Then again, I might be talking about things I do not understand. This might be totally normal after an update.

Message 24 of 163 (5,926 Views)

★ Novice
@MrAustenM First Freelance jobs didn't want to work, now this *. EA, you *, fix the damn game. I know it's not easy, but we want to play it without having to worry about literally changing our entire freaking PLAYTHROUGH!
Message 25 of 163 (5,894 Views)

Drawing tablet is broken

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a drawing tablet, start whichever painting and wait until it is done. .
What happens when the bug occurs? You are not going to get any painting as a result, you will waste that simoleons and your Sim will T-pose for a second when finishing the painting.
What do you expect to see? Your sim will not get any painting as a result of that action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I test this bug in a folder of mods and 100% vanilla and in any of them the drawing tablet works. 

Message 26 of 163 (5,863 Views)

Re: Digitalistic sketchpad won't finish pieces.

★★ Novice

Same here.... ugh, I was excited because they said they fixed the last bug with the digital artist freelance bug (which was a problem since September), but now my sketches won't complete. I can't even tell if the last bug was fixed since I can't complete any sketches. What happens is when it gets close to the 85-90% range finished it skips to the end, the tablet appears on the ground, and the pen is stuck to my sim's hand and it follows her everywhere she goes, unless I sell the tablet (for $0) and restart the game.

Message 27 of 163 (5,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

having a problem with the sketchpad in general set up 4 or 5 painting to do and will finish the first one and puts the sketch pad down and the rest are no longer in the queue and the first one finished doesnt go into inventory

Message 28 of 163 (5,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SaemianI noticed this playing last night. My sim kept spending 75 simoleons, the action would get to the end and she'd drop the pad on the ground (no painting/sketch resulting). It frustrated me so much, I changed freelancer trades from artist to photog. :/ And, she also paints fine on the easel. She auto-painted and it came out fine.(yes, vanilla game)

Message 29 of 163 (5,882 Views)

★★ Novice

Exactly the same problem. I play on a Mac, and I’ve never had any mods or cc installed and have all packs except Vampires and Batuu installed. 

Message 30 of 163 (5,852 Views)