Re: [PS4/XB1] Freelancer: paintings do not go to the inventory at all

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hi, sorry to be bringing this old thread up but I'm having a similar issue. I hope this isn't a problem!

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I'm not sure how to check for that but I just updated the game today.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work and Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a sketchpad and finish a painting.
What happens when the bug occurs? After finishing a painting, it won't go into my Sim's inventory. I've also checked the storage in Buy Mode but they don't go there either. Also, I noticed that when you try to sell a sketch pad in the inventory, it sells for zero simoleons. I've tried buying a new sketchpad but the same thing happens.
What do you expect to see? The paintings should go to the inventory and the sketchpad should sell higher than zero simoleons.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the newest update of the game.

Message 111 of 163 (681 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@maddcoffee I've merged your post into the correct thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 112 of 163 (676 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★★★★ Newbie

Just updated my game today and I'm having the same issue. Seems it hasn't been fixed. It's making it impossible to complete freelance jobs.

Message 113 of 163 (714 Views)

Freelancer artist/sketchpad bug?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So it’s letting me do the first part of the freelancer artist jobs e.g chat with client, study image and I can start the painting on the sketchpad but when the sim has completed the painting there’s nothing there? Like no painting in the inventory and the career part isn’t ticked off. I tried to do a normal painting on the sketchpad to see if it was just a bug with the career and it’s not working for any other paintings either! I’ve looked at forums from before and some say to sell the sketchpad and buy a new one which I’ve tried many times and it hasn’t worked and I’ve also tried quitting the career and rejoining which hasn’t worked either Frown also I’m playing on console not pc so I don’t have any mods 

Message 114 of 163 (694 Views)

Re: Freelancer artist/sketchpad bug?

★★★ Newbie

I have also noticed my sim still has the sketchpad pen in her hand while she’s not using it?

Message 115 of 163 (685 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★ Novice

I have mods, I also turned them off to see if they were the cause. However they were not. I'm going to assume its the game its self. Frown

Message 116 of 163 (666 Views)

Sketchpad bug?

★★★ Newbie

So it’s letting me do the first part of the freelancer artist jobs e.g chat with client, study image and I can start the painting on the sketchpad but when the sim has completed the painting there’s nothing there? Like no painting in the inventory and the career part isn’t ticked off. I tried to do a normal painting on the sketchpad to see if it was just a bug with the career and it’s not working for any other paintings either! I’ve looked at forums from before and some say to sell the sketchpad and buy a new one which I’ve tried many times and it hasn’t worked and I’ve also tried quitting the career and rejoining which hasn’t worked either Frown I’ve also noticed my sim is still holding the sketchpad pen in her hand when she’s not using the sketchpad 

Message 117 of 163 (668 Views)

Re: Freelancer artist/sketchpad bug?

Hero
@x96_lauren merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 163 (660 Views)

Freelance career broken

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded Snowy Escape and tried to have my Sim join the freelance artist career, but it doesn't work!!  Every time I go to create an icon it gets about 99% done and then just snaps back to the sim standing still and the tablet on the floor. BUT NO icons completed and $50 gone for starting it. I tried without mods, restarted, from inventory and from table but nothing working. Anyone else notice this glitch??

Message 119 of 163 (647 Views)

Re: Freelance career broken

Champion (Retired)

@vickifog 

Please see this bug report. [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Click the Me Too button on the first posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 120 of 163 (640 Views)