Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

by k3llybean

Original Post

Freelancer job

★ Novice

Hi I am having issues with the freelancer job. I chose the artist tab and my.simd goes to work on the device. When he pays he starts working on it but towards the end he throws his hands up the side and never completes it. I have tried multiple times and he just does the same thing

Message 101 of 163 (788 Views)

Re: Freelancer job

★★ Expert

@IllusiveCanine--sounds like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-reset-using-the-Digitalistic-Sketchpad/m-p/9716492. if it is, can you press 'me too' on the first post of the report?

Message 102 of 163 (770 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I just stumbled across a workaround for this issue when sims have a sketch task when working-from-home: A focused sim who completes a mathematical diagram on the easel will get credit for completing a sketch. It might work with freelance gigs as well but I haven’t had the opportunity to test it yet.
Message 103 of 163 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@k3llybean Thanks. Will try this. EDIT: The tasks are rather specific so unfortunately, don't think it helps much.

@Rabeharry Merged your post with the bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 163 (907 Views)

Sketch pad not creating paintings

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use it
What happens when the bug occurs? They use it and there is no painting at finish
What do you expect to see? a finished painting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest patch

I'm not having any paintings created when using the sketch pad.

Message 105 of 163 (879 Views)

Re: Sketch pad not creating paintings

Hero (Retired)
@xXDrop_TankXx I've merged your post with the bug report.
Message 106 of 163 (873 Views)

[Current] Electrified Artist Bug?

★★★ Newbie

Playing on: Windows PC; purchased game through Steam (not sure if that actually makes a difference?)

Owned packs: cats and dogs, 4 seasons, parenthood, tiny living stuff, eco lifestyle, holiday celebration

Main mods running: MCC, , slice of life, basemental drugs (I think these are the main (game-altering) ones that I am running. I have a few extra whims/personality traits and a buttload of CC, including animations and such)

Current issue: I made a Sim with the Electrified Artist career, and went to have her draw a classical painting (medium) for the first time since starting the save. She did the action completely and set the sketchpad down, but the art did not appear in her inventory. I tried it a second time and had the same issue, but was charged for it both times.

I've never had this issue before. Sims with or without the EA career have been able to complete art properly up until this new save, and I'm not really sure what is causing it.

I do know previously I was experiencing the bug where I'd complete all the tasks for the career gig (all tasks would turn gold with the check mark), but I could not actually complete the gig and get it turned in. It was fixed by a mod someone created (don't remember the user), but I've since seen an update to remove the file since one of the last patches, so I did so? This save was going to be my first time testing the career again since removing that mod. :/

Thanks in advance for the help!

Note: I'm not experiencing any of the issues everyone else seems to be having. My game only crashes when my mods have broken it somehow, it doesn't lag or anything. Any glitches/issues I'm having have all been isolated issues... it's just a matter of figuring out the fix for them.

Other previous bugs I've encountered:

- all of my furniture continuously vanishing/being stolen. I found out it was because of the Eco lifestyle NAP settings. Just turning those settings off in the game options menu fixed it for me and I haven't had other issues since.

Message 107 of 163 (855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictDo you mean the freelancer gig tasks are rather specific? It definitely works with all of the Stylist career work from home tasks.

Message 108 of 163 (803 Views)

DIGITALISTIC SKETCHPAD GLITCH

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, Parenthood, Kitchen Stuff, Toddler Stuff, and Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in to build mode and select the "Digitalistic SketchPad" and make your sim use it, any painting is fine it glitches on all of them.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim glitches at practically the last moment of completion without the painting in her inventory.
What do you expect to see? My sim to finish her painting as a whole.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm most certain it occured after the most recent update regarding the crashing (Version 1.34)

I couldn't exactly get a clear image of what it looks like but she basically just stands up and completely forgets about her sketchpad and leaves it on the floor.

Message 109 of 163 (754 Views)

Hero
@k3llybean Yes. Some say stuff like Paint a portrait of blabla with the sketchpad. That didn't fulfill with a mathematical chart :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 110 of 163 (735 Views)