Re: Freelancer (digital artist) task never get complete with the sketch tablet

by Kamikaze-X-GEN

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bellalala93 No, there is non other than not using it and play a career you don't need it for until it's fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 163 (1,051 Views)

Freelancer (digital artist) task never get complete with the sketch tablet

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them, except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to do a task under the freelancer options in the digital sketch tablet pie menu (e.i. Icons)
What happens when the bug occurs? Close to get done with the task, (e.i. finish the icon) it gets cancelled before my sim finish it.
What do you expect to see? Any of the task under the freelancer category in the pie menu of the digital sketch tablet never get finished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.156.1220

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be fix in the nov. 10th update, but it's broken again.

Message 92 of 163 (1,030 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Freelancer (digital artist) task never get complete with the sketch tablet

★★ Novice

Yeah I also have the same issue. My Sim also a digital artist just keeps dropping the digital art tablet on the floor, just before finishing it. I must mention I play in the new Japan Region. So I have everything from the Sims 4. Its sad that this is happening now. I guess I will stop playing the digital artist until a fix is made.

Message 93 of 163 (1,272 Views)

No Paintings Created Using Digitalistic Sketchpad

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 2.9.0.01
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Spa Day, Get Together, Dine Out, City Living, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Laundry Day Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangerville, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the Digitalistic Sketchpad to paint a picture in gameplay, regardless of style or for gigs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The finished painting never appears. The Sketchpad teleports to the floor and nothing goes into the Sim's inventory.
What do you expect to see? Finished paintings go into the inventory as intended to allow freelance gigs to be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 94 of 163 (1,253 Views)

Re: Sims 4 november 2020 update bug

★★★ Newbie

I'm glad I am not the only person. I can't even write books anymore because when I do, I would title the book and everything but it wouldn't go in my inventory

Message 95 of 163 (1,240 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I’m having this issue as well but I can say this wasn’t an issue until the patch on 11/17/2020 as I was playing a challenge and I had 8 sims using the sketch pad without issue. 

Message 96 of 163 (1,236 Views)

★★ Novice

Before yesterdays update trying to get them to finish the painting, after the pad had jumped out of their hands made my game crash, (this happened more then once).

Now the game tells me that there is no painting on the pad no painting in the sims inventory or the house inventory and the sketch pad is worth zero Simoleans and the sketch pad is unusable.  BUT if you put the sketch pad into the household inventory and sell it from there it is worth 600 Simoleans.

Message 97 of 163 (1,215 Views)

Re: Freelance Artist Can't Finish Painting, Resets

★★★ Newbie

I too have the exact same problem i’m trying to figure it out right now i’ve restarted my game so much and it still doesn’t work. Have you figured it out yet or do we have to wait until it updates?

Message 98 of 163 (1,162 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue right now. I would have expected a big company like EA to have fixed a bug like this by now. I just bought the game, and am feeling really cheated. 

Message 99 of 163 (1,158 Views)

sims 4 drawing tablet

★ Novice

My Sim is in the Freelancer career. I do not know if the career has been fixed with this last patch, so I decided to try it. Every time she finishes a drawing on the tablet, it drops on the floor right before it is completed and cannot be selected as though she even started one. I have tried to have her do this several times including after restarting the computer and game. It still will not let her complete a drawing. 

Message 100 of 163 (1,089 Views)