Sketchpad bug

by ellen26401

Original Post

Sketch pad broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All I mean all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the sketch pad for the freelancer career
What happens when the bug occurs? The sketch pad will charge me for the design but then will never finish it and when I try to sell to build mode. It’s immediately worth $0
What do you expect to see? A painting in my inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded snowey escape.

Whenever a sim tries to use the sketch pad for freelancer items or other painting items it charges you the fee, your sim stands there and draws it, puts down the sketch pad and then there’s nothing new in your inventory. Also when you try to sell it in build mode it’s worth $0 as soon as you purchase it.

Message 61 of 163 (1,259 Views)

Re: Sketch pad broken

★★★ Pro

This happens in my game.  It happens with anything I try to paint on the sketchpad.

Message 62 of 163 (1,236 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've installed the mod, it does fix the issue with the digitalistic sketchpad! 

Link to mod: 

[edit-please don't like mods here]

Message 63 of 163 (1,165 Views)

Sketchpad bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? fp01.377
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island living, Get Famous, 4 seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to work, Realm of magic, Tiny living, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Cool kitchen stuff, Holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you purchase a Sketchpad and try to use it
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sketchpad glitches out of you Sim's hand and looks like it's still on, you can't resume something you were already working on so you basically just wasted money. The digital pen you use on the Sketchpad stays in your sim's hand and is very glitchy.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to finish a digital painting without having to waste money, when you're a freelancer in the game it's very annoying.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I did the most recent update and had to uninstall origin before downloading it again.

screenshot of the pen still in my sim's hand

Message 64 of 163 (1,162 Views)

Re: Freelance Artist Can't Finish Painting, Resets

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'm having this problem too.
Message 65 of 163 (1,126 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★★★★ Novice

I've been experiencing the same issue but a bit differently. When my sim starts working on a painting on the digitalistic sketchpad, the cost of the painting is deducted from the sim's household funds but the sim always resets as soon as they're about to finish the painting with no painting being generated in the sim's inventory. When the sim resets, the sketchpad stays lit up on the ground and even stays lit up when put into the sim's inventory. My sim also had the drawing pen from the sketchpad stuck to their hand afterwards even after resetting them multiple times and having the sim complete other tasks such as eating or using the computer.

Message 66 of 163 (1,117 Views)

Freelance Career Still Broken :(

★★ Apprentice

The freelancer career is not fixed in my game. Its still broken.

Message 67 of 163 (1,067 Views)

Re: Freelance Career Still Broken :(

Hero
@iatioussimming85 I just tested and it's working fine for me (except the sketchpad that has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-reset-using-the-Digitalistic-Sketchpad/td-p/9...)

Could you be a bit more specific what's not working for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 163 (1,059 Views)

Re: Freelance Career Still Broken :(

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict The sketchpad is must be then. My sim was a freelance artist. I havent tried the other branches
Message 69 of 163 (1,046 Views)

freelance artist career is not working

★ Novice

I play my Sims 4 games with mods, and I never had an issue with the freelance digital artist career until I bought the Sims 4 Snowy Escape pack. Now as soon as my sim is about to finish the drawing, they reset themselves, the pen is glitched onto their hand and they never finish the drawing, I command them to do it again and all it does is take money from their home funds and never finish the job. I removed all my mods and the same thing happened, I tried the freelance writer and that worked. Same for the photographer, candle making and juice fizzing seem to all be fine except for that freelance artist. 

Message 70 of 163 (1,040 Views)