Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

by MidnaValentine

Original Post

Freelance Artist Task(s) Broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By employing a Sim as a Freelance Artist and attempting to finish any of the necessary task to finishing a gig that use the Digital Sketchpad (or possibly even any task at all).
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will get to about 3/4 of the way through the task with the Sketchpad, and the task will disappear from the Sim's queue and the Sketchpad will lay on the ground infront of the Sim, similar to when you use the Debug cheat on a Sim with an object in their hand. Because you're unable to complete the task you can never finish the gig.
What do you expect to see? Completion of tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 51 of 163 (957 Views)

Re: Digital Sketchpad Freelancer Unable to Complete Task

★★★★★ Apprentice

Awesome Standard smile I hope EA takes a look at the mod and is thankful for the efforts of us players and modders.

Message 52 of 163 (949 Views)

Re: Digital Sketchpad Freelancer Unable to Complete Task

★★ Novice

Yes, thank you for bringing this to my attention! I had the same issue and downloaded the mod and the sketchpad works fine now! 

Let’s hope hey fix this issue soon...

Message 53 of 163 (931 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I just update my sims 4 game, my mods are currently disabled and I also went freelance and to do digital art. Every time my sim gets close to finishing my sims resets and the tablet is on the floor..

Message 54 of 163 (923 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah having the same issue over on Xbox one my sim has a task to create characters for a video game and everytime she gets done it resets her and teleports the sketchpad across the room. Its very annoying and I made her quit her job for this 

Message 55 of 163 (886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

As Crinrict stated, the Mod Bug Fix is by an 'Arckange' on Mod the sims, and it's called: Digitalistic Sketchpad Fix

Hope that helps some in searching..

Message 56 of 163 (880 Views)

Digitalistic Sketchpad Glitch - Paintings Not Completing, Sims Reset

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.168.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for the Star Wars one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to use the digital sketchpad to complete any drawing type.
What happens when the bug occurs? Action almost completes and then crashes and cancels. Sketchpad appears on floor, drawing isn't completed or found in inventory. Also can't click on options to continue drawing as it doesn't appear.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use the sketchpad to complete drawings, especially for the freelancer job - digital artists branch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue appeared after most recent patch.

Issue with the digital sketchpad as described above - drawings and portraits are almost completed before the action bugs out and cancels. Sketchpad appears on floor and drawings cannot be found or continued. Still takes the cash to do it each time. 

Message 57 of 163 (825 Views)

★ Novice
@chxrru SAME!!! idk how to fix it Frown
Message 58 of 163 (815 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you soo much for the link/help! Wink Pls. stay healthy. Best regards from Austria 

Message 59 of 163 (798 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well. I'm glad to know i'm not the only one. I hope there is a quick fix for this because I can't get rich without that sketchpad LOL

Message 60 of 163 (776 Views)