Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

by emthewhim

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue exactly and without any expansion packs. Was working fine at the weekend so I’m 99% sure this is a result of the patch update - really frustrating as I only recently bought the game.

Message 11 of 163 (10,837 Views)

Sims 4 november 2020 update bug

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get to Work. Star Wars: Journey to, Realm of Magic, Vampires. Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use digital sketchpad to create any painting or illustration.
What happens when the bug occurs? You are charged the amount for the painting (ex. 35$ for a small illustration). The toon will start using the pad to create the illustration but will not finish it. Same goes for paintings. The toon starts the illustration, then drops the sketchpad on the ground. The option to resume the illustration (or painting) does not appear.
What do you expect to see? A finished illustration or painting in my inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10th 2020 update

No additional information required

Message 12 of 163 (10,889 Views)

Digital Sketch Pad not making art

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Steam-PC
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the digital sketch pad to create art.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim uses the sketch pad, uses the money, completes the action, and doesn't create an art piece.
What do you expect to see? Art in my sim's inventory after the action is complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This latest update has broken creating art on the digital sketch pad.

I thought that maybe a mod was conflicting, but the only mod I had being removed didn't fix the issue. Painting on an easel still works.

Edit: I've noticed that the pen is now stuck in my sim's hand even after selling the sketch pad.

Message 13 of 163 (10,865 Views)

Re: Digital Sketch Pad not making art

★★ Apprentice
@Radiant_Rubi I have the exact same problem. Latest patch seems to have broken the digital sketch pad. Worked fine yesterday. Not running any mods.
Message 14 of 163 (10,844 Views)

Re: Digital Sketch Pad not making art

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. right before you complete the task the sim resets.

Message 15 of 163 (10,807 Views)

No drawings from digitalistic sketchpad

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, some game packs and many accessoire packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy digitalistic sketchpad. Sketch. No results.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim stops drawing as if the painting is done, but there is no result in inventory or anywhere else. Byebye money (yes my sim is broke now)
What do you expect to see? To find a painting in inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, I want to make some paintings with the digitalistic sketchpad (because my sim needs the money), but there is no result after drawing on the device. She simply stops drawing and there is no painting! Not in inventory or anywhere else. Do others find the same problem?

Message 16 of 163 (10,782 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. It was not an issue prior to the 11/10 patch.

I have also noticed that when the sim resets and the tablet teleports to the floor it remains on (even when you put it in inventory, the graphic shows the in-use state). Also, the pen stays in the sims hand and will remain there even after resetting the Sim or having them do other actions, like eating or playing with a toddler.

Message 17 of 163 (10,717 Views)

Freelance Artist Can't Finish Painting, Resets

★★ Novice

Since yesterday's update, I am experiencing an issue where my freelance artist cannot finish any paintings related to the freelance career on the digitalistic sketchpad. They will start painting a portrait, for example, for a gig and the progress bar will move along, but just as they are about to finish, the sim and the tablet will "reset". For example, if they were sitting, they will snap up to standing and the sketchpad will be on the floor by the chair. It doesn't go back to inventory and no finished painting appears in the inventory. 

No mods, no custom content ever. 

I tested with a brand new save and experienced the same issue. I also tested on a different PC with just the base game installed (no EP, GP or SPs) and still experienced the same issue. Happens with different gigs too (e.g. portrait of deceased relative, portrait of politician, young artists camp demo).

Message 18 of 163 (10,677 Views)

Re: Freelance Artist Can't Finish Painting, Resets

★★ Novice

I too have this problem, but it seems like no one can finish painings on the digital sketchpad. I tried to do a "factory reset", and the problem was still there. 

Message 19 of 163 (10,666 Views)

Re: Freelance Artist Can't Finish Painting, Resets

Hero
@astragnom Merged this with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 163 (10,665 Views)