Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use the digitalistic sketchpad to create a painting. Have your sim finish creating the painting on the pad.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the painting process comes to a finish, the pad itself teleports to the floor and resets the sim who was painting. No painting is generated in the sims inventory either. I've tried replacing the sketchpad with a new one to try again and it does the same thing, and I've noticed after this bug happens the sketchpad's value immediately drops to $0. I have done a factory reset on game with a fresh new save to see if that fixed it, it didn't help. I repaired the game files, that didn't help either.
What do you expect to see? The digitalistic sketchpad to work correctly and generate paintings the way it used to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this problem is new with the patch that just came out today. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 163 (21,942 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

Hero

Sketching so much that the Digital Sketch Pad just quit on you? Never fear! Freelancer Sims that use the Digital Sketchpad will now be able to complete designs without being reset abruptly.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 163 of 163 (12,876 Views)

All Replies

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad not working

★★★★ Novice
@MrAustenM I have this issue as well. I noticed it turned up after the last big update.
Message 2 of 163 (21,855 Views)

Re: Digitalistic Sketchpad not working

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same exact issue; with or without mods. It started happening right after the patch too so I'm 99.9% sure it has something to do with it because it was working when I went to bed last night lol

Message 3 of 163 (21,843 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MrAustenM I can duplicate this too.

Thanks for the report.

There is now a temporary mod fix up at ModTheSims for those not on console and not against mods

How To Find (as I'm not allowed to link)

- Google ModTheSims
- If you don't have an account there, you'll need one to download. It's free
- Search for: Digitalistic Sketchpad Fix

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 163 (21,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

When I started up a new game right after the new update, I found that I have this exact problem as well. 
I also noticed that the pen stays in their hand and won’t go away after the sketchpad is put on the ground. 

Message 5 of 163 (21,730 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same here.

Message 6 of 163 (21,731 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was thrilled that the patch was supposed to fix the Freelancer career issue for my sim; but not being able to complete a sketch still has her progress stuck at not being able to complete the gig. Hopefully it gets fixed sooner than later.

Message 7 of 163 (21,673 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Seeing this issue on PS4 also as of 1.33

Message 8 of 163 (21,654 Views)

Digitalistic Sketchpad Not Working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City life, parenthood, knitting stuff, fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim paint something on the Digitalistic Sketchpad
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Sim finishes the painting, the Sim resets, the Sketchpad is on the ground in front of the Sim with the screen still on, and there is no painting in the Sim's inventory
What do you expect to see? Before today's update, when my Sim finished a painting on the Sketchpad, she would place the Sketchpad on the ground and the completed painting would be in her inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after I installed the patch that introduced platforms and sentiments.

I have attempted buying a new Sketchpad, going to a different lot, restarting the game, turning off mods (just in case, even though I've never used them), and using a new sim on a new save file and the problem persists.

Message 9 of 163 (21,637 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I seem to have this same problem right after the new patch update as well. No mods/cc. They don’t finish what they’re painting and just reset with the sketch pad on the floor and the pen in their hand.
Message 10 of 163 (21,624 Views)