Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims obsessivly wash hands again

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Spa day, Get Together, Backyard stuff, Perfect Patio stuff, Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, laundry day, and the freebies.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Since the last patch my sims have been non-stop washing their hands after every single action. They have also been cancelling other actions to go wash their hands. This is across the board in many different save games- as well as two seperate (for testing) games.
What do you expect to see? Appropriate handwashing, rather than my sims being consumed by handwashing- to the point of foregoing all other activities....
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch... You know, the one that everyone is having issues with (patchpocalypse).

I have also tried adding my mods back, to see if I could do anything with them to stop this weirdness, but that failed as well. I have tested this across 4 different (vanilla) saves, and one modded- all with the same result. And yes, I did the "repair game", and always remove the localthumbcache.

[CM Edit - Merged]

I forgot to add that the sims will wash their hands- after washing their hands.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag
Message 1 of 26 (5,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims obsessively wash hands

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as the solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (1,351 Views)

All Replies

Re: Incessant handwashing

Hero
@InfiniteVerve Are you playing regular Sims or occults ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (5,113 Views)

Re: Incessant handwashing

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@crinrict regular, I don't own vampires pack, nor do I own IL (no mermaids either), and no plant sims- nadda to all occult.

Message 3 of 26 (5,087 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims obsessivly wash hands again

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (5,017 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires Obsessively Wash Hands

★ Apprentice

Is it happening with non-Vampire sims?  I know that ever since I downloaded the pack, my human sims would constantly wash their hands.  I haven't really noticed it with Vampire sims, but that could be because I haven't had the pack for very long.

Message 5 of 26 (4,785 Views)

Hero
@whitejade1979 Moved this over to the non-vampire wash hands thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (4,760 Views)

★★ Expert
@whitejade1979--it is. i have no occults in my game. Sims have been washing their hands really, really often for quite a while now. normally, i'd say it's a little bit funny, when a game imitates reality. but this reality we're all experiencing, isn't fun unfortunately.

for me it's more like a filler action, like when they go grab a glass or water. i eventually disabled autonomy, since they would stay in the bathroom forever what with the constant hand-washing. maybe we should use it as a reminder though...
Message 7 of 26 (4,753 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims obsessivly wash hands again

★★★ Novice

My Sims are OCD.  Washing hands constantly.

Message 8 of 26 (4,715 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims obsessivly wash hands again

★★★★★ Novice

I have this happen too. I swear, it's like that scene from Macbeth. Out, damned spot!

Message 9 of 26 (4,688 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims obsessivly wash hands again

★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem since after the March update of 2021 it seems. I never had this problem before. With Autonomy on, all they do is wash their hands. They'll do things I direct them to do, but they will then wash their hands or stop and go wash their hands. It's very obsessive and annoying. I took out my mods to test if that was the problem and even completely vanilla, they continue to wash their hands obsessively.

Message 10 of 26 (4,348 Views)