Re: [OPEN] Sims obsessively take out trash

by IceyVrost200

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem, isn't too big a deal if it's a small one level house, but in larger houses and/or ones with multiple levels I find myself having to cancel actions for taking out all the trash and having to basically supervise/babysit how the sim takes out the trash. I've had vamp sims burn themselves from this, and normal sims let their needs get very low while on the "trash rampage".

Message 21 of 31 (1,471 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sims obsessively take out trash

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict This becomes more apparent when having a club meeting at a residence in which there is a normal trash can and external combo: club members will start accumulating around the trash can, seance style, like they are just waiting to snatch up the first piece of fuzz to drop into it.
Message 22 of 31 (1,436 Views)

★ Guide

My sims do this too and its especially annoying because I play with autonomy off so they shouldn't be queuing up things on their own. 

Message 23 of 31 (1,416 Views)

★ Guide

@mariah6194 wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything besides Jungle Adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim throw something away or clean the litter box.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will take out every trash in the house.
What do you expect to see? The sim throw something away and be done with the interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I order my sim to throw something away, or clean the litter box, he/she will then proceed to take out the trash to the outside bin for every single trash can in the house, even if there is nothing in them. It drives me INSANE! Anyone else experiencing this?

This started showing up when I bought Seasons. I didn't even realize it was a bug. There is a very simple workaround: delete the wastebaskets. Put one of the outdoor trash cans (particularly the Windenberg and Sulani types, or the fusion version that costs 1200 Simoleons) in the kitchen. Problem solved.

Message 24 of 31 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Guide

The self contained trash recepticle that recycles eveything and pays you cash each time is used is the best workaround for this. And that be the ONLY trashcan in the house works even better. As an added bonus you make money every time your sim chucks something! 😜👍

Message 25 of 31 (1,383 Views)

Re: Sims obsessively take out trash

★ Apprentice

I have this issue in one of my saves. An adult and child sim in pine crest apartment in Evergreen harbor. Every single time there is anything in the trash a sim will autonomously take out the trash. It may be the adult or the child or their guests. I started noticing it more when several guests were over and I saw the taking of the trash out like half a dozen times in about 15 min of game play. In this same save I have an issue with the child sim getting negative moodlets because of a trait she doesn't have. But I don't think it's a trait issue because it's not just one sim. It's all my Sims plus their guests. This makes rummaging through the trash difficult because it never gets full.

Message 26 of 31 (587 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this one too, very not fun, especially how our sims now take so long to go anywhere because of the countless idles animations that prevent them to start walking or the dust sniffing one each time they change level...  this is like if they were programed like a maid lol. I only intent to see the sim, take the one trash can I asked for and only that one.

Message 27 of 31 (550 Views)

★★ Pro

This is so annoying. For instance, when you click on a chicken coop to clean it the sim will continue after the desired interaction and then just continue to empty all the bins on the lot unless you cancel the queued interactions.

Message 28 of 31 (518 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been noticing this with the mother of the family I am playing right now. They are living in a 3 story mansion and anytime I tell her to clean a potty or a pile of trash from repairing something she will proceed to empty every trash can in the house, I have one in each bathroom. I haven't noticed if any of the others are doing it but she is my handy sim and a vampire so I tend to have her doing things alone when everyone else is sleeping, so it really stands out when she does it. She is geek, genius, and kleptomaniac so I don't think that is effecting her.

Message 29 of 31 (491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Sims can't stop the "empty trash" action and continue on after the one thing you're asking is complete to empty every item with an "empty trash" action in the household.

Message 30 of 31 (141 Views)