Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sims obsessively take out trash

by Kimo0wW

Original Post

Re: Sims obsessively take out trash

★★ Apprentice

It's still really annoying, especially in bigger houses, I always forget they do this until I see them going around the house on their "garbage rampage". I'm not sure they only empty the ones with something in them because I've seen my sims lurking around trashcans that I never use, the one in the bedroom for example, however I can't confirm 100%. I experienced this problem for the first time when playing with the Lynx household.

Message 11 of 31 (1,921 Views)

Hero
Tagging @mariah6194 again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 31 (1,893 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Here I am. Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this! It is super annoying. "Garbage rampage" is a perfect way to put it.
Message 13 of 31 (1,884 Views)

Hero
But do you still see it on the empty ones ? I wasn't able to duplicate that.

@mariah6194

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 31 (1,880 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I think it's really only ones that have something in it but I was thinking that were empty because they only contained one thing.
Message 15 of 31 (1,877 Views)

Hero

OK. I'm going to tag this as Needs input to see if there's more people that have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 31 (1,871 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Well, I can tell you I also have this issue and it annoys the heck out of me Standard smile

and my sim doesn't even have the neat trait. 

Message 17 of 31 (1,823 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims obsessively take out trash

★ Apprentice

I noticed this in my recent save as well and it was a fresh file at the start of July. Funny thing is, I didn't notice it until after I installed seasons, so I'm not sure if that was the catalyst or not since OP posted in March. I also didn't think anything of my sims taking out the trash out of each can, one at a time, until my squeamish child started doing it. I can share an updated save file if needed.

Message 18 of 31 (1,789 Views)

★ Guide

I've noticed this in a recent save as well. It wasn't happening before Seasons/the garden patch, but it's been happening since.

Message 19 of 31 (1,765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't really noticed this bug, but it grabbed my attention back in February of this year (2019). All my sims do, in houses and apartments, is take out the FREAKING TRASH! It's starting to drive me crazy. Has anyone made a mod to prevent this from happening? They can't do anything without running to the trash bin and throwing it out.

And to make matters worse, instead of using the bin in the house, they have to go to the one outside for Every. Freaking. Piece. Of. Trash. So imagine (yes, this has happened) there are several piles of fur from my sims cat. They will only pick up one pile, then walk all the way outside to toss it. Come back in, and repeat until they were all gone.

Message 20 of 31 (1,689 Views)