[FIXED] Sims obsessively making coffee/tea, autonomy issue

by PinkParanoiac

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims obsessively making coffee/tea, autonomy issue

Tea autonomy got suddenly much greater in my game since Tuesday's update. (11/23/2021)

Not coffee or other drinks. Just tea. But it's tea tea tea all day long...

Message 11 of 41 (1,987 Views)

Sim Keeps Automatically Drinking Tea

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except Journey to Batuu, all stuff packs, no kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make tea with the tea magic personal brewer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even if autonomy is turned off the sim will keep grabbing cups of tea on their own without a command to do so, even if they're already drinking tea.
What do you expect to see? Since I have autonomy turned off my sim shouldn't be automatically doing things unless their needs are low.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch was the December patch and quick patch.

Below is the link to the save this is occurring on:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18UXb1fVrEn5aZbgg1gEQLhMUYcwOJemP/view?usp=drivesdk

Message 12 of 41 (1,911 Views)

Re: Sim Keeps Automatically Drinking Tea

Hero
@silver_doe94 Merging this with the existing thread on tea obsession as this thread has both reports for autonomy on and off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 41 (1,866 Views)

★ Apprentice

This was posted a while back, and im still having this issue. Is there a fix for it? My game is up to date, I check fkr sins deliveries daily and i check in origin to fix or update game & still I have non stop coffee drinkers & tea drinkers. Is there a resolve that I missed?

Message 14 of 41 (1,821 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yep, this is so annoying, it is all they want to do, even if they had 5 cups, I mean 😫😫

01-12-22_1-45-44 PM.png

Message 15 of 41 (1,796 Views)

★★★ Guide

I got so annoyed by this that I have had to delete any coffee/tea maker in builds. 

Message 16 of 41 (1,755 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I used MCCC to disable autonomy on tea and coffee makers, as well as bars long ago, due to this kind of obsessive (and expensive, especially for bars) behavior, They now only get to drink when I tell them to (aside from random drinks of water) but I actually would prefer to have the autonomy back on just.... smarter and less obsessive.

Message 17 of 41 (1,732 Views)

★ Guide

Same in my game, Sims obsessed with tea

Message 18 of 41 (1,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@o-RayeGunn-o  Can you use MCCC to disable it on specific objects? If so, I never knew that and this will be a life saver

Message 19 of 41 (1,669 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@PinkParanoiac Same! My toddler needed a Bath but all my sims do is try to grab Coffee instead of Bathing the Toddler. All day they grab coffee and make themselves dazed!
Message 20 of 41 (1,456 Views)