by SweetieWright_84

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims needs multiple tries to finish Painting on Sketch Tablet

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Get Famous; All Game Packs; All Stuff Packs except Luxury Party and My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sim paint a painting on the Sketch Tablet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims either drop or put down the tablet before the painting is complete. You have to cue the painting a couple of times to get them to complete it
What do you expect to see? Sims to complete the painting in one session
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 13, 2018 Patch

I haven't tested on any other careers but the Sim it was occurring on had left the Social Media Career. I noticed it would happen if I had her join the Style Influencer career without formally quitting the Social Media career. If I had her quit the Social Media career then join the Style Influencer career, the issue didn't occur. I tested other sims in other saves, and they completed paintings before putting the tablet down. I also tested the original sim in a new save and she completed a painting. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 7 (2,498 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims needs multiple tries to finish Painting on Sketch Tablet

★★★★ Pro

Same here. Observed this with the sketchpad.

Message 2 of 7 (2,435 Views)

Hero

So I did some testing on this (emphasis on SOME -- aka not thoroughly) 

So basically what I did was this

• Start Save
  • Have her join the Social Media Career
  • Have her create a social media profile
  • Have her join stylist influencer Career
  • Have her paint on the sketch tablet

No error occurred, she finished painting

So, questions

1. How far were you in the social media career ? Do you think it matters if they switch fro this career or another ?
  2. Did you have a task to paint in the influencer career or did you just paint ?
  3. Do you have any cats/kitten in your household (may sound unrelated but with the Pets want attention queue thing, maybe they get interrupted)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (2,375 Views)

Re: Sims needs multiple tries to finish Painting on Sketch Tablet

Hero

Hi @SweetieWright_84

did you see my answer above ? Do you still have issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,348 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims needs multiple tries to finish Painting on Sketch Tablet

★★★★ Guide
I have this issue too. It gets really annoying to have to tell them to continue painting a few times, before they actually complete it.
Message 5 of 7 (2,314 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Are you or anyone else still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,862 Views)

★ Novice

I just tried this and one of my Sims (Diver career) was able to complete the painting. The other (Social Media career) just left the tablet on a kitchen counter with no option to complete it.

Message 7 of 7 (1,847 Views)