Re: [OPEN] Sims lose their first and last names

by LadyKyn

Original Post

★★ Novice

Me too I have the same problem. New NPC have a name but no last name. 

Message 41 of 98 (1,370 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Mesathesims I have the same problem.
Message 42 of 98 (1,358 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn't have this problem until after the newest patch.  It seems to be getting worse too.  Now portraits are taking forever to load in the friendship panel as well the household sims.  I am not sure how willing I am to go and rename everyone manually.  

Message 43 of 98 (1,337 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having this issue as well. It seems to have coincided with the changes to the family tree made in the pre-expansion patch. When a sim has a baby, the surname is not automatically filled in. Therefore when playing with MCCC for example, new babies that are born are not pulling their surnames from their parents. Interestingly the amount of "normal" adult sims losing names seems to have decreased however, I do find some that have no surname, no first name, or neither. I have recently been feeling the urge to play the game and this is so frustrating. Especially considering none of the game changers and other creators seem to be talking about or even having this issue.

Message 44 of 98 (1,222 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same. I've noticed this with two sims.

Noticed it first time around when I was playing vanilla cottage living while waiting for a few mods to update when first patch came, so i had done a fresh save. Grocery clerk was Argus and not Rahul. He had no last name for some reason so wasn't sure this was some newly spawned towny or what.

Message 45 of 98 (1,198 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm running vanilla Sims 4 no mods and all new townies are generating without last names.

Message 46 of 98 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Happens to me too, seems to mostly happen to older households.

You have missed some bugs before but this is not acceptable, this is ruining people's saves.

Message 47 of 98 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am also seeing the missing name issue . Manual fixes do not stick. I also have one sim whose name keeps changing to "Morgan Fyres" (like the premade of Windenburg) This Sim was downloaded from the gallery.

Message 48 of 98 (1,024 Views)

Re: Sims lose their first and last names s/p 7.20.2021 patch

★★★★ Novice
@Ravingbantha Sorry for not responding sooner, but yes, my entire world is fine and has no issues since I fixed the affected families. Hopefully EA will hotfix it soon and fix families automatically.
Message 49 of 98 (1,017 Views)

Re: Sims lose their first and last names s/p 7.20.2021 patch

★★★ Guide

I have been playing now a while since the patch, wasn't noticeable until it seems like NPC sims are born with only first names and newly generated sims have only 1 first name. 

Message 50 of 98 (949 Views)