Re: [OPEN] Sims keep moving after paused

by aquashamrock

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sadly, this bug is not listed in the current laundry list they released a few days ago. Frown

I really hope, that it will be fixed with the next update, because not every bug they fix in the patch is listed in the laundry list, right?

Message 51 of 80 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Weddings and Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household, pause the game, watch at least one sim continue moving in slow motion, as shown in the linked video
What happens when the bug occurs? See above comments/linked video
What do you expect to see? Sims to stop moving when the game is paused.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed patch 1.89.214.1030 and the issue started after that. I have run two repairs and done two factory resets, and it did not fix the issue.

I've had this happening in my game since the last patch, too. I only recently installed the last patch, and it was DEFINITELY something that happened AFTER the patch was installed. I didn't have this issue before. 

It's super creepy...and it makes screenshots really challenging if the sim you're wanting to snap a shot of happens to be the one who's doing the weird, slow motion movement thing while the game is paused. 

In my game, all of the sims will stop moving when the game is paused, except for one, and it's a different sim every time. 

Video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xHVcWvMRLMuLT_fURw0B9cz1sMFAkEGc/view

Message 52 of 80 (1,178 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Phoenixvatoreii I've noticed this, as well, but when pausing from normal speed. NPC sims heads frequently keep moving for several seconds as I zoom in. It's freaky as *.
Message 53 of 80 (1,056 Views)

★★ Guide

I have the feeling that this bug is getting worse and worse, because the Sims are moving their heads and bodies even more after the latest patches. I really really hate this! Hopefully the next patch will fix this! Please, it just HAS to gets fixed! Frown

I know that the whole game is like a big bug right now, but I hope they will not forget the previous bugs over the current bugs that the new patches caused. I just can't live with this moving after paused thing...

Message 54 of 80 (992 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Me too after installing the school patch, though I haven't bought the expansion.

Message 55 of 80 (951 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this too, not sure when it started. I did notice in the HSY livestream that even they had this bug. They didn't say anything about it, but I noticed it while they were showing one of the families.

Message 56 of 80 (912 Views)

★ Guide

This came after the Lunar cycles so when these versions of the patch came out on June 14, 2022

PC: 1.89.214.1030 / Mac: 1.89.214.1230

Console: Version 1.60

It was noticeable, I don't know if its a glitch or intentional, but it's probably a bug, it funny and harmless, but it gets creepy sometimes

Message 57 of 80 (901 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Phoenixvatoreii Same here. Sometimes sims turn their head super slowly after I pause the game, it’s so creepy.
Message 58 of 80 (901 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Phoenixvatoreii I have experienced this same issue. Creepy!
Message 59 of 80 (850 Views)

Re: Sims keep moving after paused

★★ Guide

I have this issue on both PC and Consoles. 

Message 60 of 80 (844 Views)