Original Post

Re: Sims keep moving after paused

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? I'll say 90% of the time
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to and including the Décor To The Max kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in 3x speed and then pause the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims carry on moving
What do you expect to see? Not moving
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now, I've removed them
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Patch 1.88

Here is a video of the problem - it's never been an issue prior to this update for me. Now it's a constant thing and it's really creepy, lol.

I have all the DLC available for the game, and have tried with and without mods/cc.

Also including my DxDiag.

I am not experiencing the other lag issues as reported in the other thread.

edit: video link https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjmIPAGbIe7QhVmLG6b75zf2HsQ1?e=nCgJYI

Message 11 of 80 (2,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I can confirm

been seeing this for a little while now.. 

to see the issue faster have 2 or more sims talking to each other then paused in the middle of it. their heads will keep turning very slowly like a clock whining down.

my save game is old like 1 1/2 years old,  so I built a new game folder to see if that would clear it up// nope same thing

Message 12 of 80 (2,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ok, here's my video clip. I'm on normal speed except at the very start while waiting for the 3rd sim to enter the conversation, then I slow it down to normal when they begin talking. It only started happening  after yesterday's patch. I've played this household for a long time and never noticed it prior to this. This is one my regular save files/main households. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but here's a dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r0h83d3lm33gim/Still%20Moving%20While%20Paused.mp4?dl=0

Message 13 of 80 (2,504 Views)

Re: Sim's Animation moves slowly when the game paused

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English 
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, vampires, city living, cats and dogs, paranormal, discover university, realm of magic, snowy escape, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Put your game on ultra speed. 2. Pause game and observe sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim keeps moving after the game has been paused
What do you expect to see? The sim not to move
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Custom pronouns udpate

Message 14 of 80 (2,486 Views)

Re: Sim's Animation moves slowly when the game paused

★★★ Guide

I'm noticed it too, some sims move slightly, sims may even spin around, but it's not effecting gameplay, in-fact I quite like it, it's reminding me that my game hasn't frozen-up or anything.

Message 15 of 80 (2,461 Views)

★★ Guide

I thought it was just me. It's kinda creepy lol

Message 16 of 80 (2,418 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too.

PC, Swedish, latest game version, all packs except DHD and MFPS, no kits, never used mods/CC.

Message 17 of 80 (2,348 Views)

Champion
@Phoenixvatoreii yes i have this but it doesn't even have to be ultra speed i play speed 1 and pause for screen and sims heads still turn while everything else is paused and yes its creepy also had sim spinning on spot and running circles while all else is paused
Message 18 of 80 (2,322 Views)

★★ Guide

And still happening after the hotfix. I was hoping this would be fixed in it too but it isn't.

You're right, it doesn't have to be on ultra speed, I tested it on all speeds and it happens no matter what speed you're playing on. Even after I uploaded that video the other day I had one happen a little later on where Mrs. Crumplebottom was hitting someone with her bag in slow motion at the romance festival. It was pretty funny, I wish I had recorded that instead. Large smile

Message 19 of 80 (2,284 Views)

★ Guide
@Phoenixvatoreii I am also having this issue since the update!
Message 20 of 80 (2,261 Views)