Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims keep moving after paused

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, vampires, city living, cats and dogs, paranormal, discover university, realm of magic, snowy escape, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Put your game on ultra speed. 2. Pause game and observe sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim keeps moving after the game has been paused
What do you expect to see? The sim not to move
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Custom pronouns udpate

When moving from the Ultra Speed button to paused, sims keep moving slowly for 2-3 seconds after the game has paused. Doesn't appear to cause any other issues but looks creepy and spooked me a bit when I noticed it. I am playing in the newest update with the pronouns.

Edit By Crinrict: Filled in form from answers given in a later post, added tag

Message 1 of 80 (16,729 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Sims keep moving after paused

Hero

Sims will no longer break the space-time continuum by moving when the game is paused.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 80 of 80 (5,390 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims keep moving after paused

Hero
@Phoenixvatoreii Sounds like a bit of a lag issue.

What platform are you playing on ? Do you have other lag issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 80 (16,668 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Phoenixvatoreii same here, but it seems to happen even after pausing from normal speed.. really disturbing tbh lol
Message 3 of 80 (16,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mrz428 What platform are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 80 (16,643 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I am playing on Mac
Message 5 of 80 (16,622 Views)
Highlighted

Sim's Animation moves slowly when the game paused

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030 (Customizable Pronouns Update)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unpaused and paused the game, and look at your Sim's animation
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim's Animation moves slowly when the game paused
What do you expect to see? Sim's Animation should not move
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Before 1.88.213.1030 (Customizable Pronouns Update) This issue was fixed

After updating my game to 1.88.213.1030 (Customizable Pronouns Update) I noticed that my Sim's animation move slowly when the game paused.

Take a look at the Sim's animation carefully https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qzHVIKVfk4

Message 6 of 80 (16,612 Views)

Hero
@mrz428 What Mac Model/OS do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 80 (16,602 Views)

Re: Sim's Animation moves slowly when the game paused

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LECBMCCC I merged your post with another thread on this. Do they stop moving if you keep the game paused longer like for OP ?

@Phoenixvatoreii 

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently broken but it helps if you answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 80 (16,591 Views)

Re: Sim's Animation moves slowly when the game paused

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I noticed this issue after the latest patch too. It looks incredibly creepy! I thought that they reminded me of those creepy ventriloquist puppets when they did it.

I'm on PC/English.

I noticed it when watching my sims having a conversation. I think it was initially ultra speed but when I slowed it down to take another look at it, it happened on normal speed too. I tried it several times at different speeds, it happened every time.

I have all packs except for Wedding Stories, no kits except for Country Kitchen.

Only noticed this happening after the patch and had my mods out.

I had actually captured video of it for bug reporting purposes, but noticed I had my mic on and my cat is meowing loudly in the background, so I'll have to capture it again when it happens and make sure the mic is off next time.

Message 9 of 80 (16,534 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict i play on MacBook Air 2020 - macOS Monterey (12.3.1)
Message 10 of 80 (16,523 Views)