by goldenrosegames

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims keep eating spoiled food

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When there is spoiled food on a lot, Sims will autonomously eat spoiled food.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims autonomously eat spoiled food, get nauseous, and throw up.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not autonomously grab and eat spoiled food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch prior to Island Living release

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag 

Message 1 of 60 (8,637 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims keep eating spoiled food

★ Guide

My Sims are mostly doing it with food they gained by trash collecting at the beach

Message 2 of 60 (8,524 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I noticed this as well. There was a group gathering on the lot next to my Sim in Sulani.

The group started cooking in the pit there so I sent my Sim to wait for free food. There was a plate on the picnic table and my Sim started eating and making a face. That was when I realized it was spoiled roasted chicken.  No idea where it came from. My Sim had not cooked it and the food in the pit was not done yet.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 60 (8,514 Views)

★★ Guide
I thought this was weird!
I had served dinner in one of my households, and one of the SIms in the household has some Spoiled Franks and Beans in their inventory leftover from when I was playing another household and they were being controlled by the game.
Instead of going and grabbing a plate of the freshly made food, they sat at the table, took the spoiled Franks and Beans out of their inventory and started eating it.

Normally, that is before the 1.52.100.1020 update, Sims with spoiled food in their inventory would normally autonomously take it out of their inventory, throw it in the trash and wash the dishes.

I think this has something to do with being able to find spoiled food by beach-combing. Like the game increased all Sims' predisposition to eating spoiled food all across the board.
Message 4 of 60 (8,477 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrictcupomo Same. They eat spoiled food of their own accord, and then have the gall to complain about it afterwards.
Message 5 of 60 (8,455 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims keep eating spoiled food

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 60 (8,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

There was spoiled food on my counter that I didn't move into the trash yet while my sim made a brand new dish.  They placed the new dish on the counter then called everyone to a meal. The whole family picked up from the spoiled dish and didn't even touch the new one. Also, when I have kids get leftovers, they grab whatevers spoiled in there even if there is something freshly made.  I've been having to keep an eye out for spoiled food on counters now and in the fridge.  Everyone's throwing up and uncomfortable all the time now.    

Message 7 of 60 (8,340 Views)

★★ Guide

If this helps at all: I don't have Island Living, but I've also seen this bug since the June 18 patch.

This happens pretty consistently on the home lot - My sims keep autonomously heading for the spoiled food by the grill in the backyard instead of the fresh meal inside the fridge. 

I've also seen this happen on a public lot (Park) - When hungry, my played sims will autonomously eat spoiled food in their inventories rather than cook something on the grill or use the vending machine. 

I'm testing to see if the behavior of NPC townies on a public lot is also affected, but so far the answer appears to be no. Or at least any spoiled food left out for any length of time has consistently been picked up by a townie and tossed in the nearest trash can. (For once they seem to have more sense than my played sims!) 

Message 8 of 60 (8,311 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, I added my "Me Too" cause it happens a lot here, too. 

Most of the time, one of my household members has a spoiled group meal in their inventory and will keep trying to eat it, then throw up (lmao). If I place it down, the rest will try to eat it, too. 

But there is one more thing I noticed:

The youngest one (child age) is a vegetarian, and she keeps trying to eat spoiled food, too, but doesn't make a difference between meat and no-meat food. So I guess this just adds up to this. 

Message 9 of 60 (8,262 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same bug as everyone else here.  I've been watching it for a while now, I think it's also effecting how often they autonomously clean up.  Before the June 18 patch my little sim world was rolling along fine.  Now everyone eats spoiled food all the time.  I have to force them to cook fresh food, clear out their inventory of spoiled food and make sure there's none on the lot.  Also this bug is effecting my toddler in a bad way, if I don't keep an eye on it, its letting her go hungry way more often than normal.  I play this in a way where my sims are essentially a humanoid ant farm, where I leave them alone for long periods of time to handle their biz and then swoop in and alter their general course every once in a while.  This bug has nearly made this unplayable, because they are always sick, they are always puking, they are always uncomfortable.  Puking was amusing the first five times.

Message 10 of 60 (8,251 Views)