Re: [OPEN] Sims keep eating spoiled food

by jojoMOMSTER

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

Telling my Sim to eat leftovers resulted in them choosing to eat the spoiled food instead of the "impeccable" or "excellent" food also in the fridge.

Waiting for the patch to hopefully fix this issue.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 31 of 60 (1,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I noticed it when I got Island Living and I've been in Sulani ever since. My Sims never use to eat spoiled food. Part of the issue is when they patched in for Sims to grill and put the food in their inventory. I wish they would let Sims grill and then place the food on the table. Same thing with ice cream; they finish it and put it in their inventory which they have always done. I don't want my Sims or other Sims eating spoiled food--super annoying and ruins my parties. Also, why do Sims cook food when they have food in the refrigerator; that has always been super annoying. Yet the more pressing issue is this eating spoiled food. 

I went to play a family in Brindleton Bay to see if this happens, and it did.  I took another couple who are friends out to dinner and the other couple's girlfriend kept pulling spoiled grilled fruit from her inventory.  I hope this is fixed soon.  

July 21st, Sims dropped by to bring me food in Sulani. Imagine one of the hungry guest pulling spoiled hamburgers from his inventory to eat.  After each time he pulled out a spoiled hamburger, I had to pause move it to a table and then delete the table.  Then I had to go into their household so he could clean out the spoiled hamburgers in his inventory because he kept doing this after I deleted the food once he put it on the table.  

Message 32 of 60 (1,684 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just to update, the latest patch did not fix this.

Message 33 of 60 (1,679 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim ate spoiled Pan de Muerto today. It was not spoiled when I took it out of the fridge and placed it down on the table for her to grab a serving of, but I did not look closely at when it would spoil and it was by the time she was eating it. However, she did not stop eating it and just kept going even though it was making her sick. I had to cancel the interaction myself to make her stop since she had no intention of doing so herself despite the moodlet! She's a foodie, I expected better from her than to keep eating something that is actively making her ill!

Message 34 of 60 (1,665 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Spoiler
I think this started with beachcombing for trash. The behaviour of putting food just grilled into their inventories I think started when we got Sulani also
Message 35 of 60 (1,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've seen this happen, but I think I've only seen it when the food hasn't spoiled yet at the time it's autonomously queued. So for example, a guy could autonomously decide to eat some roast chicken that's sitting on the counter that says "10 minutes until spoiled", which means it's still fresh then, but by the time he actually goes over there, takes it, sits down, and starts to eat it, it has become spoiled.

I think that's a good question for the OP: was the spoiled food that your Sim autonomously ate already spoiled before your Sim decided to eat it?

Message 36 of 60 (1,614 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having both food-related problems. My Sims keep wanting to eat spoiled food, and it is very difficult to improve their hunger needs, especially for children and toddlers. I'm on a 2015 MacBook Pro.

Message 37 of 60 (1,566 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have been getting tons of complaints in my sims 4 FB group about sims eating spoiled food because it ends up in their inventories .. I have also had some the could not grill hot doga and I personally have had roasted fish disappear 

Message 38 of 60 (1,503 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims keep eating spoiled food

★ Novice

Sims will eat spoiled food from inventory and keep eating after they discover it is spoiled (they make a foul face after the first bite).

SIms will keep eating the spoiled food instead of trashing it and making fresh food which is available.

The will also not clean out their inventory from spoiled food autonomously.

Message 39 of 60 (1,481 Views)

★★ Guide

Yep. This is happening to me as well. It's very annoying to deal with something they're not supposed to do... Rather, they should clean out any spoiled food autonomously and cook a fresh new dish.

Message 40 of 60 (1,466 Views)