Re: [OPEN] Sims keep eating spoiled food

by stayc615

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue also, playing on Mac. Annoying.

Message 21 of 60 (1,740 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Is there any hint of a solution in sight? It's slowly becoming more of an annoyance every time I play the game. Particularly when I'm playing my main household with 8 Sims. Most of them get sick every single time they eat unless I MANUALLY order them to clean out the spoiled food from their inventory. If I don't do that, I have to make them throw up in order to feel better. Please address this issue! 

Message 22 of 60 (1,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have this bug too, but my save predates IL. I do have the expansion, though.

Message 23 of 60 (1,654 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims keep eating spoiled food

★★ Guide
After more observation, it seems like the game doesn't make ANY distinctions between different types of foods based on a Sim's normal tastes.

Like, it's not just Spoiled food that Sims will eat without hesitation, if you've played a Vegetarian, they will autonomously eat food containing Meat, even if it's also spoiled.

I really feel like they messed up parts of the code containing autonomy checks that would normally happen when a Sim decides if food is something they'd actually want to eat.
Message 24 of 60 (1,629 Views)

★★ Guide
@Adarra - that sounds tiresome! Is it worth cheating their hunger needs (to full) until there's a bug-fix? Y'know- testingcheats on, then a quick [ fillmotive motive_hunger ] without the brackets.

Personally, when a bug screws up my gameplay/story, I cheat my way out of it & pretend things went the way they would've if the non-optimal-game-problem hadn't happened. Not ideal, but better than tearing my hair out.
Message 25 of 60 (1,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi there!

Same issue here! I'm on windows 7

It seems like my sims are especially attracted to spoiled food, it's very odd. If i call everyone to meal and there is spoiled food in the house, they will go for it instead of the fresh cooked meal. If i ask them to clean it up, they will pick it up and put it on the side. I actually have to drag it to the bin or a sink myself. 

I have noticed that it doesn't happen all the time too, I don't see a pattern.

And I agree that the game doesn't make much distinction on food preferences, and I find that particularly annoying for vegetarian sims. When you use the have leftovers interaction, the vegetarian sims will pick up a dish regardless of if it's a vegi meal or not. Same issue when you call for a meal and there's several dishes on the table, some vegi some not. The vegetarian sims will pick a dish randomly it seems, as a "normal" sim would, whereas it should taget what is appropriate for him.

Again, annoying... But I believe that's the way the game is set up, more than a glitch of any sort. 

Message 26 of 60 (1,595 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have also noticed that my sims try to eat the same food some other sim is currently eating. If I click the button next to hunger on needs panel, the sim will automatically try to eat the food that they can't eat because someone else is already eating it. This is making my gaming difficult especially on larger households.

Message 27 of 60 (1,571 Views)

★★ Guide
( @verfens - if you have the Parenthood pack, and the parents teach the kids manners/responsibility/etc so that when they age up they get the associated traits, yeah, those sims do tend to clean up on their own. They mop up puddles I didn't even see! )
Message 28 of 60 (1,551 Views)

★★ Guide

I actually have to try and stop them from eating the spoiled food but really I expect the sims not to eat such food in the first place - ewww. 

Message 29 of 60 (1,519 Views)

★ Guide

Just had a sim who's a snobby foodie and neat eat a spoiled hamburger. Raised eyebrow

Message 30 of 60 (1,473 Views)