Re: [OPEN] Sims keep eating spoiled food

by Adarra

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Adding my voice to the choir. Ever since coming back from holiday (June 24th) I've noticed an alarming increase in my Sims' tendency to not throw away spoiled food they have in their inventory and instead eating it. Every Sim I play with - one household, 8 members - has shown this bug. I keep having to manually order them to throw away the spoiled food in their inventory or having to order them to stop eating the spoiled food and clean it up. I'd be very happy to see this fixed asap.

Message 11 of 60 (1,743 Views)

★ Guide

There is another thing I noticed...it is not limited to spoiled food in the inventory.

I had a few Sims now who drunk Faraday Zisch (no idea what it is called in English) they had in their inventory when they got hungry. (geez...Sims...you need that stuff for the jungle)

Message 12 of 60 (1,713 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue, only started after the June patch. It's often combined with the issue of sims putting food they've grilled in their inventory rather to setting it down, resulting with it spoiling in their inventory and randomly deciding to eat it, also most of my played sims are vampires and they've done this. Why a vampire sim would keep and randomly eat spoiled food is unknown to me.

Message 13 of 60 (1,690 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims keep eating spoiled food

★★★ Apprentice
@Tahemet Same!
Message 14 of 60 (1,678 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims keep eating spoiled food

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

your sim would automatically wash their dishes / spoilt inventory?  Man i wish my sim was smart enough to do that.

Message 15 of 60 (1,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have the bug to I think it might have been a joke like thing as one sim does it on the island living trailer but its really annoying

and I would like them to make it stop

Message 16 of 60 (1,625 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don’t have IL but my sims keep wanting to eat spoiled food. I’ve just been noticing it in just one of my saves, though.

Message 17 of 60 (1,610 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SquonshSame, it seems to only be in my saves that have existed before the IL pack, a new save that I've made after the pack has not had this issue so far

Message 18 of 60 (1,594 Views)

Hero
@IceyVrost200 My save is new. I got it too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 60 (1,585 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have to be careful with my Sims barbecuing - they will now put the food straight into their inventory,  then go eat something else.   The next time they are hungry they will eat the spoiled food straight from inventory. 

I am constantly checking each sims inventory and making them clean out the fridge plus clearing all the half eaten plates (of which there are a few because toddlers it seems only eat until they aren't hungry anymore so need feeding five or six times a day) 

Message 20 of 60 (1,560 Views)