Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] Sims hugging backwards/arm glitches

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At random when two Sims hug.
What happens when the bug occurs? The two Sims will hug at an odd angle, with arms not going around each other but in another direction.
What do you expect to see? I’d expect the Sims to hug normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don’t have any screenshots of my own Sims doing this, but here are some examples.

Message 1 of 8 (4,371 Views)

Re: Sims hugging backwards/arm glitches

★★★★ Guide

I see this quite a lot, and yeah I'm pretty sure it's just with hugs too. Recently I had two sims do this, and they were pretty much on opposite sides of the room when it happened. I don't know if it's related or not, but I also frequently see an animation glitch when playing with a toddler using the "Play" interaction. The animation seems to start normally, but then somehow the toddler just ends up standing perfectly still on the floor while the older sim goes through the animation though in a very odd way since the toddler isn't actually involved.

I play on Xbox One by the way, which means no mods. I also just have the base game, which seems to be the most up to date version.

Message 2 of 8 (4,327 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Interesting. It’s weird to me that this game was released so long ago, but that this still hasn't been fixed. :/

Message 3 of 8 (4,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wuebker1992 @valohim666

Here's a thread for the animation for play with toddlers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Play-with-Toddler-animation-broken/m-p/8098849.

Also putting this here for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Weird-Hug-Feel-Love-Animations-with-small-dogs/... cause although not mentioned, it's best to keep things separate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,294 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@wuebker1992 To me it isn't weird, it's just laziness. I mean look at the two links provided in the post above mine. The issues we've mentioned have apparently existed for almost 2 years and they still exist. Plus there are plenty of other issues that have lingered on for far too long that will only be fixed for computer versions, though they will only be fixed by other players.

I took a break from this game several months ago because of a glitch where for some reason parents may have to introduce themselves to their toddlers, well that and several other glitches as well. The one with the toddlers still exists, and people seem to blame it on a trait which is also apparently broken. So one broken thing leads to another... maybe fix your game, EA, before it becomes one giant link of problems. Then again I'm sure a new pack would be nice too, then we can ignore the problems... I mean experience all the new gameplay and features... that will probably be broken in some way...

Message 5 of 8 (4,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same. It's kinda creepy and I laughed. I didn't save that when it happened, but I took a screenshot. Please fix this. 

It also happens a few times when an adult/parent is playing with a toddler (the toddler is still on the ground, but the parent is doing the playing animation) 

Message 6 of 8 (4,203 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@bae281995  To me that toddler one looks like the adult is having some sort of mental or nervous breakdown or something, meanwhile their child is just staring at them wondering what the heck is wrong with them lol.

Message 7 of 8 (4,189 Views)

Champion

I’m wondering if it’s routing related? While I had frequently seen the play with toddler bug, hugs had been working for me until recently.

I had built a boy’s dormitory with 7 kids all cared for by 1 adult, and noticed that when they all got up because of a monster under one of the beds, the “spray monster” action tended to result in these broken hug animations at the end when the kids were trying to thank the adult. But there were 7 kids all milling around, several trying to auto-hug him, and sometimes he would have wandered into a room the kids were locked out of before I sent him back to finish calming them down. He didn’t seem all that keen on cooperating with being hugged to be honest. Plus sometimes a kid right next to him would actually walk away from him to the other side of the room before doing the backward arms thing, while he stood there surrounded by other kids all trying to get his attention. Sometimes his arms would go backwards too, but not always.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 8 (4,158 Views)