Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims forget already existing relationships

by Tiarella4

Original Post

EA Sims Team

@Stinalina 

Unfortunately I don't have any news to share on this.  The team is still looking into it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 71 of 130 (2,848 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

What is worrisome is that I have now noticed this in my game, which should be impossible since I use MCCC to disable relationship culling! There seems to be no pattern to discern why some of them disappear, but since it's happening even in a game that's rigged to circumvent the 35-max-relationship culling, perhaps that is an indication that something else broke and is causing it.

Message 72 of 130 (2,830 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo

Okay, thanks for the reply. Im glad they are still working on it. Hopefully a solution will come soon.

@DMDragonCT
I don't think it's related to culling, as I will come back to a sim and it will have fare less than 35 relationships left. Maybe half the number, most of them new (irrelevant) sims not living in my world.

It's in every aspect of the game. Definitely causing a lot of trouble. You even see it with other sims, like with the interaction; "Ask about...X" where they pretty much always comes up with the answer; "Sorry I haven't met X yet"
- Even if you where playing the asked sim, a few (sim) days prior, and working on a romantic/friendly relationship between the asked sim and X.
Message 73 of 130 (2,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This continues to be a problem.  Every time I switch households, I find my sims have forgotten their cousins, their old playmates, sometimes even their own spouses.  Not only does it 'ruin mah immersion,' it wastes my time (over and over and over!), destroys my fun, and adds to my physical pain with unnecessary repetitive keystrokes as I once again reintroduce my sims to each other, pause the game, mouse through long dialog trees to hit 'get to know' once, then again through the tree to hit 'get to know' again, then 'ask career', then the long dialog tree to 'get to know' for the third time.  And then the other bug where your queued actions all disappear when some npc human or pet interrupts hits me and I have to wait for the dialog options to return and then try to do that all again.

Please.  Just give us a CHEAT to get all possible info on another sim.  I know you can do it; it's basically the vampire perk or the 'observant' reward (which only works if you're playing the sim and go through a formal introduction, which does not account for all relationships.)

Please.  You're obviously not going to fix the bug; clearly it's too tricky or not worth the operational cost to you.  So give us the cheat to reduce our suffering.

It's only fair.  Don't make me keep having to do this tedious, painful chore over and over and over and over ad infinitum.

(eta:  I see I posted this at the exact wrong time, while Crin's away and just before a major game patch.  Pity!  Giving us a quick cheat that'd repair the damage done by this bug would really help.)

Message 74 of 130 (2,689 Views)

NPC Sims keep forgetting me.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Meet NPC Sims, build a relationship. A few in game days later the relationship bar is still the same but you have to reintroduce yourself, and the relationship seems to reset back to an aquaintance status even though they're marked as friend/good friend.
What happens when the bug occurs? All the NPC Sims i've met forget my sim. in some cases the relationship bar stays where it was, in some it goes back to nothing. this is the case with all sims except for the "master maker" from the Tinker family. Not sure if related but also have random sims my sim doesn't know coming to the house, knoocking on doors (the way only Vlad used to do) and if i speak to them when they return the next time i have to reintroduce again.
What do you expect to see? have the relationships stay at the level they should be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco living/ patch to 3rd f June patch

Not sure if related but also have random sims my sim doesn't know coming to the house, knoocking on doors (the way only Vlad used to do) and if i speak to them when they return the next time i have to reintroduce again.

Message 75 of 130 (2,645 Views)

Re: NPC Sims keep forgetting me.

Hero
@Marigold91 Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 130 (2,634 Views)

Re: Sims forget already existing relationships

★★★★ Novice

This has started to happen in my game as well, after the resent game update. I have all packs except Eco Living, and I have no cc or mods. My sim is in the doctor career and got to know a sim from one of my other households at work. They built quite a good relationship, the friendship bar was about halfway full.Today when I turned my game back on, I wanted my sim to invite the coworker over, but discovered that they don't know eachother anymore. Like the OP, I have also been playing rotationally with these households.

Message 77 of 130 (2,588 Views)

Re: NPC Sims keep forgetting me.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Tiarella4  You description is spot on!

It's takes up way to much time to try to reintroduce you to sims your sim should be closer to.

One thing is the reintroducing and time spend on it. An other issue is that you can't invite the sims your sim forgot to any events. Or at least invite over an entire household, so in the case you remember your cousin, you could invite her entire family over and get reacquainted with all of them at once.

I will say that the "Observant" skill from the reward shop is crucial for my own wellbeing... But of cause it doesn't solve the problem.
I dont know if you are aware of the relationsship cheat?

I stop using it, and it reverse back as well, unless you cheat the relationship to the Good Friend category. - Then it might stay. In my experience very high, or very bad relations will usually stay with other active sims household. But they do faith out if you dont keep nurturing them. And it doesen't help with all the random NPC you have to interact with (Or that will insist on interacting with your sim!).

Here is a link for the relationships cheats if anyone is interested:
https://thesims4cheats.com/the-sims-4-relationship-cheats/

I also recommend sending your observations, as described in this thread (sorry can't remember the site number but I would look in the first pages) to @SimQARobo

Message 78 of 130 (2,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Since June update (I have no Eco Living) NPC Sims forget my Sim. This happens with different Sims in different neighbourhoods.

E.G.: Every sunday at the starlight-event my Sims have to re-introduce themselves to Sims like Thornton Baily a.o.

Every Sim-Day, when my Sim returns to the realm of Magic, he/she has to introduce again to the "Spellcaster-Teachers" (Morgyn Ember, L.Faba etc.) and has to rebuild the relationship, so that they teach him/her. Every Sim-Day the teachers forget my Sim, even if the relationship was "friends" one day ago.

This only happens since the update in June.

No Mods, no cc, no Eco.

Message 79 of 130 (2,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I also just recently developed this problem since the most recent patches (June, July). I started a sim in July who lives in San Myshuno and went to university, so she meets new sims regularly. But she keeps forgetting them rather quickly, even the ones she lived in the dorm with (so, talked to every day). I tried to create a Get Together club for the teammates she played e-sports with at college, but she didn't remember some of them anymore so now I wouldn't know how to reintroduce her to them. She makes friends with neighbors in San Myshuno and days later forgets them. I saw some comments mention culling but I've pretty much only played this household for the past couple (real-life) weeks and she forgets people within a few Sim days. Why would the game be culling Sims that quickly?  It's not like she's forgotten an NPC she met weeks ago in real life time. She meets a sim on a Monday in the game and then forgets them by Wednesday when she runs into them again at the food stall.

I do have mods but I'd be happy to backup my save files and test without if that would help. But it looks like others without mods are having the exact same problem.

Message 80 of 130 (2,383 Views)