by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims forget already existing relationships

★★ Guide

I'll do that, thank you very much!! 

Message 11 of 134 (3,057 Views)

Re: Sims forget already existing relationships

★★★★ Novice

I think I have this problem as well. I seem to have to re-introduce family that doesn't live at current lot.

However since I have UI cheat - I just change the relationship status.  

I do not have a vanilla save for this

Message 12 of 134 (3,040 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims forget already existing relationships

Hero
Tagging this as needs input for now to see if more people are affected.

Please comment if you have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 134 (3,018 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sims lose relationship way too fast, I was about to post here because of that issue, I had a sim spend 1 days fishing in the same neighborhood and she lost like 10% of her friendship and romance with her husband.

They should implement an option that turns on/off relationship culling next to the "max sims in game" option, for those who find it annoying as hells to be forced to reintroduce a husband and wife after a week of not seeing each other, I mean come on EA Frown

Message 14 of 134 (3,015 Views)

Hero
As in it decreases or it was actually lost and you had to reintroduce yourself ? Culling means the relationship is being deleted completely.

If you think it decays too fast, I would make a thread in the feedback forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 134 (3,007 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim keep having to reintroduce themselves to their friends and fellow club members, I play rotationally and this happens with all the families (none of them are as of yet related), but every time I enter one of the households they have to call the friends over and practically start over (if I've managed to get the relationship rather high up it might not have evaporated entirely but if it goes more than about a day between seeing the other sims its a goner). Its exactly the same fo the kids which means that I keep shoving them together with kids that they never seem to know even though they have really known each other since the toddler stage. 

Message 16 of 134 (2,978 Views)

★ Pro

I do not play rotationally but have noticed the same things going on, with the unplayed Sims. They used to be able to keep the friends they made, now all relationships except household and active sim are deleted.

Pre mades Sergio Romeo and Siobhan Fyres start the game of in the same club and as sweethearts. If you play them on day 1 this is fine, if you switch to either after this they no longer know each other.

Message 17 of 134 (2,939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not playing rotational, but my sims are loosing friendship too fast. You have to have your sims talk to friends daily to keep any friends. Quite annoying, decay rate is way to fast on relationships..  Better if they got rid of relationship decay all together, since decay rate is what slows the game down. I read that some place can't remember where. 

Message 18 of 134 (2,930 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone encountering this issue:

• For Sims that are "forgotten", are they still in the Relationship Panel, or are they gone from that panel completely?
  • How many Sim days passed before you noticed that the relationship was forgotten?
  • What was their relationship to the SIm before?  (Specifically, what titles were displaying under "Relationships" in the Relationship Panel before.  For example: "Acquaintances", "Friend", "Good Friends", "Mother", "Father", etc.)
  • Are you seeing this with no mods?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 134 (2,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi, @SimQARobo!

the forgotten Sims do disappear from the panel. strangely, others with completely empty friendship (or friendship and romance) bars remain, especially unhoused/not in world NPCs, at least in my case. and they have been there for a long, long time, longer than those Sims with a bit of green/pink in their bars that do disappear and need to be re-introduced to the rest.

so they could be gone after a Sim week, or never! but it does seem weird that a random townie my Sims interacted with months ago (IRL, actually!) and basically never again (no changes to their relationship bars) would still there while a friend or acquaintance they talk with much more often would disappear.

Sims in my played households are always friends. so they get to be good friends or best friends, see each other every day, so that works. the problem seems to be with friends or, more specifically, acquaintances or "just friends". of the latter, some with 100% empty relationship bars -and no contact whatsoever- remain, while an acquaintance with some green in the friendship bar (perhaps 25%) will disappear after only a couple of Sim days without talking to them in person. i'm trying to expand on the first paragraph but i don't really see a pattern...

really fast relationship decrease is also noticeable when some Sims travel from their own house to a different lot, be it a community or residential one. they might be gone for only a few Sim hours and, upon returning, their relationship with good and best friends (those are the ones i have in my main household) will have dropped significantly. it also happens between the household members that did not leave the house during those Sim hours.

this happens without my playing rotationally very often. i stick with the one household most of the time, and those Sims interact with the rest of my housed (but at that moment unplayed) ones.

so a good friend will sometimes turn into a friend (or a friend into an acquaintance) after one Sim day, even. or a few Sim hours. it's not always the same. the romance bar also drops very quickly, even for Sims who are a couple/engaged/etc.

something else i have noticed is that some Sims with lower friendship bars than those who are simply acquaintances will still be listed as friends.

also, i tested without mods.

Message 20 of 134 (2,832 Views)