by mqdsneves00

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims eat cake with candles on it

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, City Living, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Parenthood, Spooky Stuf, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, My first Pet Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1- Make a cake (I used the honey cake and tested it without any CC with the burguer cake) 2- add candles to it 3- use it 4- add candles again 5- put it on fridge 6- have your sims "eat leftovers"
What happens when the bug occurs? I made my sim bake a cake, add candles to it, help her baby use the candles, (baby grows up), she adds candles again, I put the cake on the fridge and later I made my sims "eat leftovers". When I opened the frige, the cake was half eaten so I took it out (put it on counter) and was half eaten, the candles were still there and I could use the candles.
What do you expect to see? If you add candles to a cake and put it on the fridge, sims will not eat it. If the cake is half eated there should be no candles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I made my sim bake a cake, add candles to it, help her baby use the candles, (baby grows up), she adds candles again, I put the cake on the fridge and later I made my sims "eat leftovers". When I opened the frige, the cake was half eaten so I took it out (put it on counter) and was half eaten, the candles were still there and I could use the candles.

I also notice that there is an option to give a porcion of the cake (that has the candles on) to babies. - I added a screenshoot here

Message 1 of 25 (6,671 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims eat cake with candles on it

★ Guide

I had this happen too. I pre-baked a birthday cake for my twins birthday, and put candles on it before putting it in the fridge. Then one of my sims ate a piece of cake even though it had candles on it. When I took it out to use it, the cake was missing a piece. I was able to have one of the toddlers blow out the candles to age up, but I couldn't add candles again to age up the other toddler because of the cake missing a piece. It was so annoying because I wanted both toddlers to age up at the same time, but I had to stop and bake a new cake. 

Message 2 of 25 (6,538 Views)

★★★ Novice
Exactly! One of my twins is now 1 day older...
Message 3 of 25 (6,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

On backlog for testing

Easy to duplicate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (6,495 Views)

★★★ Novice
no solution??
Message 5 of 25 (6,465 Views)

Hero

HI @mqdsneves00

you can still use the cake. Only issue is that you can put candles on it again.

For now I'd say, don't put it in the fridge and make the cake just before the birthday. I only had it happen when I put in the fridge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 25 (6,450 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you, anyways, but it doesn't help much if I just really need it to stay unusable. I was using it on the 100 Baby Challenge, to save money. I keept it on the fridge and with candles so they don't eat it but it always ends up with a bug.

The solution I found is not make your sims "have leftovers" but open the fridge and "pick a portion" of whatever's in there that's not the cake.
Message 7 of 25 (6,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's a bug. EA needs to fix it. There's ways around it but at the end of the day, there's not much you can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (6,423 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims eat cake with candles on it

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 25 (6,391 Views)

Sims Take Left Overs From B Day/Wedding Cake With Candles/Topper

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim make a birthday cake or wedding cake and put candles/topper on it, then put in fridge. Sims will take from it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will take a piece of cake from the fridge with "Get Leftovers" Interaction when cake has candles/topper still on it.
What do you expect to see? Sims being unable to to snatch a piece of cake before candles are blown out or wedding cake is cut.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sketch (15).png

example 

Message 10 of 25 (6,310 Views)