[OPEN] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough money

by Amuni50

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough mon

Hero

Yes but I really don't see it as a major issue. Mainly because I don't play new sims very often on a new lot and when I split a household I was always manually changing the money amounts using cheats anyway (add to one, take away the same amount from the other).  It's really easy to do though the ingame cheats so I'd guess that's why it's not been mentioned.  It wouldn't be a surprise to me if the people who have complained simply don't know about the cheats or don't know how to use them.  The new option really makes transferring money easy and I no longer have to do it manually via the cheats.

What I don't get is why the older sims already in the gallery amounts changed.  I mean, I would have thought that they would have been fixed amounts as of the day you uploaded them.  That leads me to believe that sims in the gallery really don't or didn't have any money attached and they only got money when they were downloaded and added to somebody's personal library or when they are added to the game either directly from the gallery or the personal library.  Before the change, that amount was always the same fixed amounts (20K for a single sim, etc.)  Now though, it appears they get nothing or next to nothing when added to the game from either the gallery or a personal library while a new sim created in CAS still gets the 20K.  I'm not really sure since I haven't downloaded very many sims from the gallery in a long time and none lately.  All the playable sims in my save now are born in game with a few that I created in CAS for a specific purpose.

Message 11 of 49 (5,383 Views)

Re: Households Starting with negative money

Hero
@Amuni50 Did you also have negative amounts ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 49 (5,372 Views)

Hero

@Amuni50 @crinrict   After I last posted, I went back to the forums and was looking at the last patch notes to see if there was anything about another minor issue that I've been having in one of my households.  In the base game section of the notes, there is a line where they said that this had been fixed but I guess it hasn't been fixed completely since you're still having the problem.  

@Amuni50  BTW, I was curious and looked you up in the gallery.  You make some really good looking sims particularly your occults.  Much better than I do for sure.  

Message 13 of 49 (5,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I don't have negative amounts, but I noticed the amounts I do have are the remainder from a lot I had originally bought when I created the sim. In the past, that didn't matter, and the sim would default to 20k. You're so sweet! Thank you ♥

I just reviewed your comment, and I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. How does the "new way" work? Can you give sims money before you try to place them in the world? If so, how do you do it? I'd love to know; that way, I can explain it to players who try to download my creations. Thanks again for you posts Wink

I don't have negative amounts, but I do have approximately 1,400 each time. I finally figured out that the sum is left over from when I buy a lot when initially creating my sims.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 14 of 49 (5,318 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough mon

Hero

@Amuni50  I assume you are directing the "new way" question to me.  :D  

As far as I can tell, it only affects moves.  When you use manage worlds to split a household or when you use the ask to join household option, you get the same double sided transfer window just like you did before except now there is an added section which allows you to transfer money between the two households.  You just need to type in the amount and hit the transfer arrow.  It can go either way.  Really easy to use.  It doesn't appear to affect anything when you make a new sim in CAS.  They still get the same amount of money as they did before (20K for a single sim, etc.)  I haven't tried the new CAS function, I think they called it story mode or something and that gives you differing amounts depending on what choices you choose.  I saw the video when it was introduced but have never tried it.  It was in the same update where they changed the main loading screen colors and the plumbob design.  So someone else who has used it may be able to tell you more.

For your issue, there are a couple of ways to present it to your downloaders.  I'd just use the cheats (freerealestate on) to get them into a house and then set their money amount with one of the money cheats (Kaching, Motherlode).  The household money amount can be set through MCCC or the UI Cheats mods too if they have either of those .  The other way that I saw in a post over at the main forum was before you try to put them in the world, load the downloaded sim into CAS and add a sim to the household, then delete the sim you just added and then save and the household gets the 20K when you go to place the sim into a house.  I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works or not though and I may be not completely correct in how it's done.  I suggest you give it try to see if it works for you.   

Hope this helps.

Message 15 of 49 (5,263 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I tried the free real estate cheat, but it didn't seem to work for me - it said the "cheat doesn't work in this screen" or something to that effect. Adding a second sim and then deleting it does work though - I've tested it too. For my new sims, I just type in "money 20,000" after I place them and that seems to work just fine. I just wish I understood why it became a problem with my older sims, you know? Thank you for being patient and continuing to work with me. 

Message 16 of 49 (5,223 Views)

Hero

@Amuni50  Where and when in the process did you try to use the freerealestate cheat?  From what I can tell, it only works if used on a map screen and only for a limited time.  Not the manage world screen where you pick your world.  It also doesn't appear to work if you are in live mode on a lot but that actually makes sense to me.  It will work both if you enter the cheat before going to manage households or after you have selected your household and get back to the map in the actual placement process.   You can tell if it works if the outlines of all the lots are green or turn from yellow to green when you go to place the sim.  You can turn it off afterwards by using "freerealestate off" but it seems to turn itself off later when you go into live mode on a lot so I don't usually bother turning it off.

And you are very welcome!  I too appreciate it when somebody takes the time to help me with my own problems with the game.  We're all a community here and that's what I was taught as I was growing up, good neighbors help each other when and how they can.

Message 17 of 49 (5,217 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can see how the free real estate cheat would work if you had already started a game, but I am talking about starting a brand new game and using one of my gallery sims as your very first sim in that new game. The sim does not have enough money to buy anything - not even a lot - so there is no way to get past the world screen. I have also tried it in the map screen, but again, it tells me I cannot use the cheat, so I still cannot place my sim for the first time in a new game. 

Message 18 of 49 (5,174 Views)

Hero

Wow, I didn't know you couldn't use it in that circumstance.  I tested in my current game to make sure it works but not in a new game.  I already grabbed a few of your sims from the gallery a few days ago and I'll start a new game with one to see what happens tomorrow if I have time.  Might have to wait until the day after but I will give it a go and see what happens.

But in the meantime, did you try adding another sim to the household before you tried to place them and then deleting the sim you added?  From what I've read, that's supposed to give you the 20K as before.  I haven't tried it so I don't know if it really works.  I'll try that too when I do the other.

Message 19 of 49 (5,155 Views)

Hero

@Amuni50  Well, I tried it this morning in a couple of new games and was able to successfully use the cheat to place the sims.  Learned something too.  I didn't know that you could load from your library directly into CAS.  I'd never tried doing it that way.  Always went from library to lot.  Used your sims when I was trying.  Anyway, I tried both merge in one new game and replace in the other.  When I went to place them, they had absurdly low money.  $1400 for the single sim and $2900 for the couple.  After picking the season and getting to the world screen, I chose Willow Creek.  After getting to the map screen, I opened the command line window and typed in "freerealestate on" and the outlines of all the lots turned green and I placed the sims on a lot.  No problem whatsoever.  Also tried it in my current game.  The one I tried there had 20K when I went to place him.  So there is a difference between a brand new game and an existing one for sure. But in the end, it worked for me in either case.

Message 20 of 49 (5,132 Views)