Re: [OPEN] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough money

by Amuni50

Original Post

Re: Money glitch (NO MODS)

★ Guide

It is breaking my old save files, I made a new one and Its working, but the older one have this glitch!

Message 31 of 49 (903 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LonelyFew - That is really strange. It sounds a bit similar to this bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-downloaded-from-my-gallery-catalog-do-not-hav... What do you think?

I know you don't have any mods - do you have any cc? Since it's working in a new save but not your older one, it's always possible that something needs to be updated. Could you try doing a "save as" of one of the affected saves just to test? You can copy TheSims4 folder from your Documents folder onto the desktop or somewhere easy to find as a just-in-case backup. Then remove all cc, delete the localthumbcache.package file from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and do a game repair (In Origin, right-click TS4 and choose "repair").

If you don't have any cc or mods at all, then just follow the directions for the repair. Open the "save as" copy and see if it makes any difference. 

Please let us know how this goes, and if you think it's the same as the bug report I linked. Thanks!

Message 32 of 49 (840 Views)

★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow I removed everything and it still happened. Its happening to the sims itself. I made a new sim completely and it still happening
Message 33 of 49 (833 Views)

Message 34 of 49 (829 Views)

★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow Sounds sort of the same. I'm not sure whats happening. I've never had this problem.
Message 35 of 49 (819 Views)

★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow Every time I placed that sim, the household would lose 10k
Message 36 of 49 (811 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LonelyFew - I merged your posts into the bug report thread. 

@CGrant56 shared a way to get around the issue if you're trying to place a sim into a lot - in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-downloaded-from-my-gallery-catalog-do-not-hav... 

Could you try using the money cheat to set your sim's funds back to 10,000 simoleans? (use a "save as" copy of your game; don't save anything to your main save for now)

Use ctrl-shift-c to open the cheat console window

type "testingcheats on" without the quotes

type "money 10000" without the quotes

type "testingcheats off" without the quotes

Your household funds should go to 10,000 simoleans and you should be back to where you started. Please let us know how this goes

(*edited to say you can use any amount with the cheat, so if your sims had 540,000 simoleans, just use "money 540000")

Message 37 of 49 (807 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Amuni50 how did you fix it?
Message 38 of 49 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@NightRaven12222 I never did fix it, but when I create new sims, I always use the "freerealestate on" cheat or give the sim extra money, and that seems to solve it for now. I also have instructions for how to use this cheat listed on my profile in the gallery for those who encounter the problem. As far as I know, it has not been fixed. 

Message 39 of 49 (669 Views)

★ Guide
Another bug that has been around for almost a year and still ignored.
Message 40 of 49 (626 Views)