Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough money

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own and use all expansions and packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download one of my sims on the gallery and attempt to place it in the world.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug has to do with the sims I upload to the gallery. When someone (even me) tries to download the sim and place it in the world, the sim will not have enough money to buy even a small lot. This problem isn't as bad with couples or groups, but the problem is still there. I am getting complaints from people who try to download both old and new sims in my catalog. The strange thing is, some sims do have the appropriate amount of money, while others do not.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my chosen sim with 20,000 simoleons when I place my sim in the world.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The problem showed up after the latest patch in December, and I never had the problem before this patch. I removed all cc and updated MCCC but that did not seem to make a difference. Besides, how would changes I make to my own computer affect other players who download my sims from the gallery?

I have created a number of sims and posted them to the gallery with no issues in the past, but that changed with the new patch. Now, when someone (even me) tries to download one of my sims and place it in the world, the sim will not have enough money to buy even a small lot. This problem isn't as bad with couples or groups, but the problem is still there. I am getting complaints from people who try to download both old and new sims in my catalog. 

I would really like to know if anyone else has this problem and if there is something I can do sooner rather than later to address it. Yes, I have repaired the game and removed all cc.

Message 4 of 49 (33,700 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough money

★★★ Newbie

I've had this bug as well, for as long as I've been playing Sims 4 the last several years, with zero mods, zero custom content, and only the Seasons DLC. However, I think I've FINALLY found a solution, without cheats!

After trial and error I've discovered it's not so much a bug as it is something like a cached file- that is to say, the Sims we download from the Gallery were specifically uploaded from a Saved Game. If you save a Sim from the world into the Gallery, its cached file will go with- their relationships and their money. (At least, in my experience!)

So how do we fix their pockets? Duplicate the sim!

Whether you save your Sims into individual Households or save Households for several, this should work for you!

For a Household with a single Sim:

1. Make a new Household.
  2. Download from Gallery, replace Household.
  3. Download from Gallery again, merge Household.
  4. Remove the first Sim from the original Download.
  5. Save/Reupload and play!

For a Household with many Sims:

1. Make a new Household.
  2. Download from Gallery, replace Household.
  3. Remove all other Sims except the one you want to fix. (If you want to fix all of them, repeat steps 3-5.)
  4. Upload to Gallery.
  5. Edit Household, remove the copy and download/merge with the new version you just uploaded.
  6. Save/Reupload and play!

I really really hope this helps, I personally find this more authentic and easier than using the cheat console. I'm very new to the forums (signed up just to share this!) so I hope I've explained thoroughly! Heart My apologies if this is something everyone already just kinda knew, haha.

View in thread

Message 41 of 49 (37,896 Views)

All Replies

Households Starting with negative money

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, cats and dogs, get famous, island living, outdoor retreat, spa day, Vampires, Realm of magic, vintage glamour, laundry day, my first pet, holiday pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? creating a household, and attempt to move them onto a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The households starting funds are around -1400, which makes me unable to purchase the lot. A workaround I have found is to place a completely blank sim, purchase the lot, and edit them after in CAS.
What do you expect to see? The household starting with an appropriate amount of funds. Have never had this issue. I have removed the few CC downloaded directly before the issue began occuring
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 49 (33,639 Views)

Re: Households Starting with negative money

Hero
@ordonknight Did you test this without mods/cc at all ?

Mods/CC gets outdated with patches so you need to test on a vanilla game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (33,613 Views)

Hero
@ordonknight Did you get a chance to test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 49 (33,555 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough mon

Hero
@Amuni50 Just to find out what's going on, how much money did they have when you uploaded them ? Did you upload them straight out of CAS or after playing ?

You said you remove all mods/cc but did you have mods/cc in when you uploaded them ? Can you try what happens if you upload without mods/cc to see if the same issue occurs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 49 (33,610 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough mon

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for responding. My sims would have varying amounts, but they averaged 1,400 simoleons. I would create a new game and upload them from my profile page (which means they were my gallery versions). I first heard of the problem when three separate players complained about it on my sims. One sim was new, but one was quite old. 

I did use MCCC (the only mod I use) and cc, but I have always used those and never had a problem. When I removed MCCC and all cc, I still had the problem. I even repaired my game, but it didn't help. 

I'm going to experiment some more today. I've never had this problem before the most recent patch. 

Message 6 of 49 (33,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I removed my mods, tray, and saves folders, and then I reinstalled the game. I created a new game without my old files and had the same problem. I deleted all of my newer cc, moved my files back in, and I tried it again, only to find the same problem. I am at my wit's end.

I think I understand why my gallery sims have very little money. The money they have is left over from when I place them in the world while creating them, if that makes sense. 

Message 7 of 49 (33,537 Views)

Hero

@Amuni50  This is probably related to the new way we've been given to transfer money in the pre DU patch or DU, I forget which.  New sims still get the 20K or whatever just like they used to. But for older sims already in game, when you move them, you now get to decide how much money goes with them when you move them.  But to solve your problem until the gurus make a change, I suggest you use one of the ingame cheats (kaching, motherlode, etc.) to set the amount of money a sim or family has before you upload them if you are uploading them from an active household.  As for the ones that you've already uploaded, simply tell people use the freerealestate on cheat to place the sims and then one of the money cheats to set the amount of money a household has.  Not the best solution but it should help improve the situation. 

Message 8 of 49 (33,527 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This problem sounds exactly like mine (see my post). I have also tried removing cc, repairing the game, and even reinstalling the game. I still have the same problem.

Message 9 of 49 (33,511 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If I understand you correctly, the sims I already have in the gallery will not work for players unless they use a work around. Is that right? What a mess!! I'm curious as to why more people haven't mentioned this problem.

Message 10 of 49 (33,513 Views)