Re: [OPEN] Sims downloaded from my gallery catalog do not have enough money

by sambonz

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I've had this bug as well, for as long as I've been playing Sims 4 the last several years, with zero mods, zero custom content, and only the Seasons DLC. However, I think I've FINALLY found a solution, without cheats!

After trial and error I've discovered it's not so much a bug as it is something like a cached file- that is to say, the Sims we download from the Gallery were specifically uploaded from a Saved Game. If you save a Sim from the world into the Gallery, its cached file will go with- their relationships and their money. (At least, in my experience!)

So how do we fix their pockets? Duplicate the sim!

Whether you save your Sims into individual Households or save Households for several, this should work for you!

For a Household with a single Sim:

1. Make a new Household.
  2. Download from Gallery, replace Household.
  3. Download from Gallery again, merge Household.
  4. Remove the first Sim from the original Download.
  5. Save/Reupload and play!

For a Household with many Sims:

1. Make a new Household.
  3. Remove all other Sims except the one you want to fix. (If you want to fix all of them, repeat steps 3-5.)
  4. Upload to Gallery.
  5. Edit Household, remove the copy and download/merge with the new version you just uploaded.
  6. Save/Reupload and play!

I really really hope this helps, I personally find this more authentic and easier than using the cheat console. I'm very new to the forums (signed up just to share this!) so I hope I've explained thoroughly! Heart My apologies if this is something everyone already just kinda knew, haha.

Message 41 of 49 (38,595 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the head's up. That is something I used to do until I discovered using the "freerealestate on" cheat solves the problem quickly. After that, you don't need to do anything else because the lot costs the sim nothing, which means the money amount stays the same. 

@JasmineRemedy wrote:

I've had this bug as well, for as long as I've been playing Sims 4 the last several years, with zero mods, zero custom content, and only the Seasons DLC. However, I think I've FINALLY found a solution, without cheats!

After trial and error I've discovered it's not so much a bug as it is something like a cached file- that is to say, the Sims we download from the Gallery were specifically uploaded from a Saved Game. If you save a Sim from the world into the Gallery, its cached file will go with- their relationships and their money. (At least, in my experience!)

So how do we fix their pockets? Duplicate the sim!

Whether you save your Sims into individual Households or save Households for several, this should work for you!

For a Household with a single Sim:

1. Make a new Household.
  3. Download from Gallery again, merge Household.
  4. Remove the first Sim from the original Download.
  5. Save/Reupload and play!

For a Household with many Sims:

1. Make a new Household.
  3. Remove all other Sims except the one you want to fix. (If you want to fix all of them, repeat steps 3-5.)
  4. Upload to Gallery.
  5. Edit Household, remove the copy and download/merge with the new version you just uploaded.
  6. Save/Reupload and play!

I really really hope this helps, I personally find this more authentic and easier than using the cheat console. I'm very new to the forums (signed up just to share this!) so I hope I've explained thoroughly! Heart My apologies if this is something everyone already just kinda knew, haha.

Message 42 of 49 (9,555 Views)

Editing Household then Merging Households breaks funds counter (Max Cash)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So background, I wanted to change a sims aspirations AFTER I moved them into a house but before I got really far with progression. I know I could have done this a number of ways but I found this bug doing it my way. Step 1) Create a household (I had 1 sim, 1 pet) and place them onto a lot. Step 2) Go to Manage Worlds and open recently placed household. Step 3) Press the "..." and click Manage Household. Click the Pencil to edit household Step 4) Save household to make a copy of it in the Gallery. Place this copy as a new sim so you have essentially a clone of Sim 1. (Sim 1's aspirations arent able to changed so making Sim 2 gets around this). Delete Sim 1 leaving Sim 2 to be the only household left. Save changes and go back to the lot to play the game. Step 5) Observed a negative household balance. (In my case was around -$17,000) Likely an issue of deleting Sim 1 Step 6) Merge a new household from the Gallery (really anyone with the standard $22,000) to counter the negative number. (Didnt want to use cheats to break achievements) Step 7) Sell an item (I sold a door) Cash on hand went from +$2,000 to +$9,999,999 but the sale price for the door +$95.
What happens when the bug occurs? From messing with households, a negative household funds number can occur. Forcing this number back positive by merging a family bugs out the sale of items and returns max money.
What do you expect to see? While my method was strange, I was hoping to just change the aspirations of a sim because they were overlooked in the first CAS session. I expected to see a normal function of cash flow while changing some stats. Worst case scenario, stealing the money from a merged house and causing them to be a roommate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

-ShadowRaven9

Message 43 of 49 (9,560 Views)

Re: Editing Household then Merging Households breaks funds counter (Max Cash)

★★★ Novice

Just wanted to type out a tl;dr of what im doing.

Edit Household consisting of one Sim (Sim 1), Clone Sim 1 making Sim 2. Delete Sim 1 from edit screen.

(Playing this household now, I observe a negative funds balance.)

Merge a Sim 3 in Household to make negative go to positive, sell any item and funds go from $2000 to $9,999,999. 

Message 44 of 49 (9,545 Views)

Re: Editing Household then Merging Households breaks funds counter (Max Cash)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Shadowraven9 Sounds related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-downloaded-from-my-gallery-catalog-do-not-have-enoug...

I merged your post

You can just change aspirations on the fly though. Just go to the tab where you buy rewards and click on the little sun icon. There you can change aspirations.

Also: On PC cheating doesn't affect the achievements. That's only for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 49 (9,494 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@JasmineRemedy this worked! thank you so much ♥︎
Message 46 of 49 (9,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would just like to say thank you! I downloaded a sim and spent forever making her how I wanted, only to finally start and find out she was 12,000 simoleans in debt and I couldn’t buy a house even with the free real estate cheat enabled. This fixed it so thank you! .D

Message 47 of 49 (9,299 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@JasmineRemedy OMG thank you so much!! I was tearing my hair out in frustration at this - especially after spending so long in the character creator..  you literally saved all those hours for me. You're a legend - thank you. <3

Message 48 of 49 (9,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I didn't save the sim!!! So now all the work ive spent is just lost? Ea why haven't you fixed this? 2hrs of creating just for me to trash it is crazy knowing that this is a bug that had no resolution after almost 4 years!

CM Edit: All caps removed. 

Message 49 of 49 (4,061 Views)