Re: [OPEN] Sims don't run autonomously over long distances anymore

by PipMenace

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

Hopefully this is OK to post here. Mods, please let me know if it isn't.

Perform a web search for "Sims 4 Lot 51" and you will find a mod that appears to fix the issue. It will be one of the top results, and when you get to the site you can't miss it. I just installed it and loaded back into my game; as the sun was coming up Mortimer Goth jogged past my sim's house (yes, jogged!), and a vendor ran to the local seasonal food stall for work.

It sounds like it might cause issues with mods that alter or add new walkstyles, but I don't use any to test it.

Message 11 of 46 (1,358 Views)

Champion

@JahKneeSee An interesting note from that modder is:

"To fix this bug, the Jog walkstyle was added as a compatible_walkstyle for posture_Stand. This is an override and may conflict with other mods changing this tuning.

The associated Python code that causes this bug is located in routing/walkstyle/walkstyle_behavior.py in the new _is_walkstyle_compatible_with_potential_posture method."

I'm wondering what this new walk style compatibility test was meant to do - stop Sims from swimming/rampaging/etc on their phones, maybe? If so, it didn't work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 12 of 46 (1,307 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PipMenace Perhaps, I'm not a modder so I couldn't say. All I know is that I've been using this fix for the last couple of days in conjunction with one of the mods that stops sims from using their phone all the time and everything has been working fine.

Message 13 of 46 (1,292 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is especially annoying when playing university on campus. it was annoying before but now it's downright impossible. sims will literally be two hours late to class because they're slowly and calmly walking across the quad, even if they start walking early theyll arrive super late and miss most of the class. the bikes barely help because the animation to get on and off takes so long and has in my experience been pretty weird and buggy at times.

Message 14 of 46 (1,235 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Please fix this.  Sims slowly ambling everywhere kills conservationist career, kills university, kills outdoor neighborhood socializing, kills city districts that rely on vendors, kills so many aspects of the game.

Message 15 of 46 (1,183 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ShellSh0ck Yeah I'm pretty much waiting on this bug to get fixed before I play this game again.
Message 16 of 46 (1,142 Views)

★★ Pro
@ShellSh0ck AND high school since kids are always late to class because they take so long walking across the school even with the "Get ready for class" push that happens 30 min before the bell rings.
Message 17 of 46 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Novice

Playing on a console this is more than just mildly infuriating. It downright ruins the game. I ended up failing two semesters of University because I couldn't get to class on time from the on campus housing. And it makes it literally impossible when you have back to back classes in separate buildings. I swear every time I want to start playing regularly again, some new patch update causes the game to be almost unplayable, or at the very least devoid of fun, and I don't have the luxury of installing mods to fix patch issues. Please fix this!

Message 18 of 46 (1,026 Views)

★ Pro

This drives me crazy. At timed Events, by the time my Sims mosey on over the Event is done.

Message 19 of 46 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm on Xbox and since I got HSY on the 3rd my Sims stopped jogging to far away places. Except the Jog Here interaction lets them jog to the area I choose in my game.

Message 20 of 46 (979 Views)