Re: Sims take items in their inventory and don't put them back after usage.

by HazeMan1990

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims don't put instruments back into inventory after being used

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs except for Eco Lifestyle, all game packs except for Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure, Bowling Stuff Pack, Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack, Bowling Stuff Pack and Movie Hangout Stuff Pack and Perfect Patio Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Sims 4, put a violin, guitar or tablet into your Sims inventory, they will automatically play it and when they are done, they leave it lying on the floor rather than putting it back into their inventories.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims leave their guitars, violins and tablets lying around, no one bother's putting them back in their inventory and the player has to put them back manually. The bug has gotten worse with the tablets now, because Sims use it then leave it on the floor rather than putting it onto any nearby surfaces via tables, counters, ect.
What do you expect to see? This long term bug finally fixed in the July Update Patch, it's been in the game longer than most bugs I hear about.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For a long time, since the beginning of The Sims 4, if a Sim has a guitar, Violin, a tablet in their inventory, the Sims use these items and when they are done, they stupidly leave it in the world and NEVER bother putting it back in their inventories. WHY are they so lazy that they do not put these items back into their inventories, why do players have to drag it back into the Sim's inventories manually? It's annoying and it needs fixing, they need to learn to put items they have in their inventory back into their inventory when they are done using said items, why is the AI programmed to be this lazy and stupid?

Things have gotten worse now, because now whenever the tablet is used, Sims don't put them on counters or tables anymore, they just put it down on the floor, even if there is a table right next to them, this issue has become more annoying and is in desperate need of fixing.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 16 (7,537 Views)

Hero
@HazeMan1990 The tablet has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Digitalistic-Sketchpad-not-staying-in-inventory/m-p/...

Could you edit this to be about instruments only ? There is a very old thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Instruments-won-t-stay-in-inventory/td-p/5819817 but that doesn't use the template so a new one would be good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (7,467 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I guess I could change it to be about instruments, but that is still not the case. I'm talking about the Sims inventories and the fact they take instruments or tablets out, use them and don't put them back once done using said items.

Message 3 of 16 (7,423 Views)

Hero
@HazeMan1990 All I'm saying is that the tablet has it's own threads (for the sketch patch QA said it was by design even)

There's also this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Sim-Places-Tablet-on-Floor-After-Use-when/td-p... which is slightly different but could account for the same issue.

So, if you could make this JUST about the instruments in the inventory and not the tablets/sketchpad, that would be great. Use the other threads for the tablet/Sketchpad issue.

To basically make this thread a replacement for the old instrument thread that doesn't use the template.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (7,398 Views)

★ Guide

Alright I will make the edit to make it about instruments as soon as possible.

Message 5 of 16 (7,357 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't put instruments back into inventory after being use

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@HazeMan1990 Since I see you use mods already, look up a mod by Scumbumbo, something like "Keep Instruments in Inventory."  Unfortunately it only covers instruments and not tablets.  I have bought instruments again several times, because I couldn't find where they left them last.  Also, soooo many times, out in public, I want them to play, and... WHERE IS YOUR STUPID GUITAR?!?!?!

Edit:  I wonder if "favoriting" an item will make them put it away instead of leaving it?  I'll try that out tonight.

Message 6 of 16 (7,236 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't put instruments back into inventory after being used

★★★ Novice
@HazeMan1990 same thing happens with my sims as well
Message 7 of 16 (7,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In 2022, adding this issues also occurs for the personal laptops that came with the Discover University pack. All of my college sims used their laptop somewhere and they never took it when they left. Tried to go back and find the laptops, but they are usually gone.

Message 8 of 16 (4,673 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I was counting it as an annoyance rather than a bug, but yes, when you play rotationally your other Sims leave their toys, tablets, $4,000 laptops, and $12,000 violins at their friends' houses, at the park, etc.

Your Sim being an idiot and leaving their valuables lying around is, alas, par for the course. The part that's buggy is when your Sim leaves their laptop at a friend's house. The friend can't put it in their inventory to give back because "you don't own this item." If you come back later as the Sim that left their belongings lying around sometimes you're told that your Sim no longer owns this item, either, and it's just... a $4000 laptop that can only be removed in build mode that belongs to no one. (My Sim was able to retrieve her $12,000 violin from the park... in the rain.)

If you're playing them, you sometimes get a message that the item they left on another lot has been returned to their inventory. Inevitably, it will be a laptop that has been rained on, which is a whole other thing. Wink

Message 9 of 16 (4,664 Views)

I can confirm this bug, all my Sims leave their inventory items around, they never put them back into their inventories.

Message 10 of 16 (4,646 Views)