by LadyGray01

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims don't change out of situational outfit

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Vampires, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spook Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change a Sim's clothes and see if they change into something else autonomously when it's not a situational event.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whatever the last outfit they put on is, they will stay in forever unless a situational event like a party occurs or I tell them to change.
What do you expect to see? If the weather is hot when they go out, put on their hot weather wear. If it's cold, change into cold weather wear. When they come in from outside, to change into every day wear. If they've been swimming, then go to a bar, I expect them to change out of their suit into regular clothes. etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the July patch.

Message 1 of 20 (5,185 Views)

Re: Sims don't change clothes any more

Hero
@LadyGray01 Is this true for ALL your Sims or only certain ones ?

There are a lot of issues with clothing and currently there's separate thread for a lot of situations.

Also are you talking about your Sims or NPCs or both ?

There's one thread for coming inside: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Sims-won-t-change-clothes-according-weather-coming-in...

Basically, there's bugs and there's outfit changes that are by design or have always happened.

They should change

- When going to work
- Going outside in heatwave or when it's cold
- After taking a shower
- When going to bed.
- Certain situations that require special outfit (which seems to be working in your case)

They have never really changed clothing after swimming. I can't say if that's a bug or not but I do think it's not cause of a recent change that was done to teens when going to school when they are in swim wear before.

Are you saying, that they don't change for you in any of the above mentioned situations ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (5,167 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It’s most Sims, but not all oddly. I tested a few families and some of the Sims changed when they went out in a heatwave, to work, or after showers, but others were still walking around in whatever outfit I put them in to test it. I had a costume party, and my Sims and several townies I invited are still walking around in costumes days later. 

Message 3 of 20 (5,151 Views)

Hero
@LadyGray01 Your active Sims or Sims you play rotationally ? (that's also a known issue).

Can you change your active ones to a non-situational outfit and then they work normal again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (5,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Normally I play one family. I went around the neighborhood and tested other families to be able to answer your questions. 

I just tested what you specifically asked. My Sims will wear situational outfits forever if I let them. But, if I make them change back into everyday, they will indeed then change clothes on their own when appropriate (until they put on another situational outfit). And I noticed that NPC's that I've never played or invited to parties, always change when appropriate. 

Message 5 of 20 (5,106 Views)

Hero
@LadyGray01 So basically the bug is that they don't change out of their situational outfits on their own anymore. This is mainly covered in here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats/m-p/... but it might make sense to have a separate thread for it.

I might merge this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (5,101 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me they will not change clothes at all automatically. I even deleted cache files, took out mods, etc. nothing. 

Message 7 of 20 (5,061 Views)

Hero
@Misfitpanda25 Are they also situational outfits ? Did you try the suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (5,055 Views)

Random outfits (not work clothes related) showing up on all sims I play

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm really not sure. It's whenever I enter the game lately, no matter what family I'm playing.
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to play my sim and they are wearing a totally random outfit (not work related) that I did not give them. I even went to check every outfit they had and it's not one I've given them. It changes day to day as well.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the outfits I put on my sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The one just before University came.

I don't have anything except the outfits are random and not ones I have assigned the sim or work related clothing. 

Message 9 of 20 (4,882 Views)

Re: Random outfits (not work clothes related) showing up on all sims I play

★★★ Guide
@JennyBean1972 They're situation outfits... used for a variety of things like festivals or rainy weather. You might want to get used to them... or find a mod to disable them. Unless these outfits are actually being added to your sims wardrobe but sounds like they aren't.
Message 10 of 20 (4,868 Views)