Re: Random outfits (not work clothes related) showing up on all sims I play

by Shareliara

Original Post

Hero
@JennyBean1972 I merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (1,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No.  I go into the game and they have an outfit on that I never gave them, it's some weird outfit.  I go into CAS and it's not on any of the outfit categories.  It's fine, it's not a big thing.  I rarely post because I don't have time to go through all of the different messages here.  I usually just wait for it to be fixed if it ever gets fixed.  

@Abradley745 wrote:
@JennyBean1972They're situation outfits... used for a variety of things like festivals or rainy weather. You might want to get used to them... or find a mod to disable them. Unless these outfits are actually being added to your sims wardrobe but sounds like they aren't.

No they aren't.  You aren't understanding what I'm saying, it's fine it is why I never post here.  I know the difference between situational outfits and what is happening in my game, I've played since Sims 1 so I get it.  They are in outfits that I never gave them (NOT WORK, etc), they are oddly mismatched outfits/accessories that when you go into CAS they don't have.  Once again not talking about the situational outfits.  Thanks though. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 12 of 20 (1,279 Views)

Hero
@JennyBean1972 This is happening while you're not playing them, right ? If so, then the game uses these NPCs for various scenarios through the game (random walkbys, festivals and a whole lot of others). Problem is (this bug) the Sims are never changed out of these outfits (hence you won't find them in any outfit categories) and when you switch back to them, they are still wearing those.

Your issues does sound like what everyone else is having.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (1,256 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem for a long time in my game. Yesterday, I noticed again that 2 foxbury students who wore the mascot costume during an event did not change it afterwards. If you have no problem with mods, you can fix it with mc command center. Click on the npc sim, select the dresser tab and select "change outfit". Then you can choose the normal outfits again. 

Message 14 of 20 (1,237 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't change out of situational outfit

★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this belongs here, but I noticed my child Sims would come home from school in their sleep clothes if I joined my Sim at an active career lot before they had changed their outfit.

Message 15 of 20 (1,146 Views)

Hero
@moswalt89 Do you play in an apartment or a house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (1,118 Views)

Hero

If anyone could test this if this is still happening, that'd be great

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 20 (946 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It does. Just came back to the game after a hiatus and am revisiting several families (rotational player here), and have to constantly change their outfits because they wear the ugliest stuff under the sun. Never heard of situational outfits until reading this thread, so it is actually a feature? Someone actually thought it would be a good idea? Even my toddlers are affected, and I never saw any toddler walking around the neighborhood or going to festivals. It seriously affects my immersion, seeing sims I meticulously planned looking like they are going to the ugliest outfit contest.
Message 18 of 20 (911 Views)

Hero
@catatemyname There's a few issues with the outfits looking horrible.

If non of the outfits shown are the one they wear then yes, it's a situational outfit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (889 Views)

★ Guide

This is one of the things I'd love a toggle function for. So I can tell the game whether or not I want my played sims to have situational outfits applied to them. I don't really care what Bella Goth decides to wear on a rainy day, and townies look weird anyway. But I'd really appreciate my sims to only wear their set outfits. But I guess after so many years the chances that EA changes this are fairly low.

Though imagine: a toggle update, where all the things we wish we had control over get toggles for us to customize our game to our liking. Have a big voting on what we want toggles for, and implement those most people vote for. Shhh, let me dream.

Message 20 of 20 (868 Views)