Re: [OPEN] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

by purpleplumKS

Original Post

Re: Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftov

★★★★★ Novice

im having the same issue, my sims just keeps grilling and leaving spoiled food even though there's a * ton of leftovers in the fridge.

what are the devs doing at this point?

Message 31 of 62 (1,708 Views)

Re: Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftov

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, Sims can't detect leftover in the fridge, I'm 100% sure sims use to get leftover before a certain update broke the game but now sims just constantly want to cook or have a quick meal when the fridge has plenty of leftover food. Also, I notice sims will grill food on the griller but they don't grab a plate of food when it is done instead they head to the kitchen and cook food again. 

Message 32 of 62 (1,645 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here.

They cook / grill something, afterwards they go to the fridge to grab a quick meal, not touching the freshly cooked meal.

So annoying:-(

Message 33 of 62 (1,618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also experiencing this issue? Don’t forget to click “me too” on the initial post in the thread!

in any case also happening to me. Downloaded the game for the first time ever about a month and a half ago. Started as base game but have a couple expansions. Zero cc or mods. It has always been like this for me. No eating leftovers, constant cooking without eating cooked food and also not eating food microwaved. I also recently got a brand new PC for XMas I and it’s doing it on that install as well. Clearly not an issue with mods or cc. EA/Maxis please get it together with this! Microing the sims just to eat is so dumb!

Message 34 of 62 (1,609 Views)

★ Guide

Have the same issue, seems to be relatively recent. Didn't play for a while, waiting on the devs to finally fix all the bugs and issues with NAPs that Eco Living created. Went back and instantly noticed the leftover boycott. I am on PC, with most (but not all) packs, and all the recent patches. No mods or CC, never used.

I am a rotational player and after returning to the game I went on cleaning up the NAP mess (logging into families in different worlds and neighborhoods and cheat-cancelling every NAP), and I let the family life run for a bit to see what they are up to, so I see the leftover issue come up quite a lot. Though it does not seem to be consistent. Things I noticed so far:

1. Newly created family had this instantly. Without direction they never get leftovers, will either cook or grab quick meals. When cooking, they usually eat it, I didn't notice the cooking loop others are talking about (lucky me, I guess).

2. Older family had one member cooking even though there was food in the fridge. Other member, upon activating autosolve hunger need, went and got leftovers.

3. Third family, I decided to test a bit. I clicked autosolve on husband and wife, multiple times, pausing and checking what they were about to do (they always chose to cook) and calcelling and trying again. Wanted to see if that was maybe sorta random, with heavy bias towards cooking. About ten tries later I admitted defeat and let the husband cook, also to see if he would actually eat it (he did). Interestingly enough, while the husband was cooking, the wife then got leftovers. Could be because the stove was in use, though my sims are usually not smart enough to notice a busy appliance until immediately before needing it.

I'm glad this issue is being talked about, but sad it's been a month and still no fix in sight. I hope it doesn't take them as long to fix this as they needed for the Eco Living mess. While this bug is definitely not as game breaking, it is still annoying having to micromanage every time a family member eats.

Message 35 of 62 (1,575 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue. Its getting annoying that I have to force my sims to get left-overs. They keep making new food and after they make it, they don't even eat what they made and do something else.

Message 36 of 62 (1,483 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this same issue! My sims will make a quick meal, or those with cooking skill will sometimes cook or grill a meal, every time they are hungry instead of getting leftovers from the fridge. My sims will eat these meals fine, and if I direct them to get leftovers they do it fine, but they will never autonomously get leftovers from the fridge. This is also happening with my butler as well as child sims, and is happening in multiple saves. It is quite annoying as sims will get the negative moodlet from eating quick meals, and the food I've spent simeolons on preparing often spoils before my sims eat it all. In bigger households it's hard to micromanage every time a sim is hungry. I have no mods at all (script or CC) repairing my game does not fix the issue. Sims team - please patch this bug asap!

Message 37 of 62 (1,358 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had this problem as well. I am playing the 100 baby challenge at the moment so it is incredibly frustrating as it is hard to micromanage 8 sims already and then having to watch what they are eating as well. My teenagers will cook without being told to instead of getting leftovers, this has resulted in a LOT of house fires hahahaha. The children will always grab a quick meal when there are plenty of leftovers. For toddlers I normally give them leftovers manually but I've noticed with some dishes they won't eat it, instead they will be indefinitely frozen until I cancel the action. Also a lot of the time they won't finish the meal even though they haven't been interrupted. 

Message 38 of 62 (1,186 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same issue here, every time now I have to clean the spoiled food from my fridge because they simply don't eat them (unless manually) and they are obsessed with cooking non stop 

Message 39 of 62 (1,009 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The issue is still there. It's been almost 4 months. Interestingly, there's a mod that fixes that, so it's weird that EA weren't able to fix it themselves.
Message 40 of 62 (893 Views)