Re: [OPEN] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

by happygirl4321

Original Post

Re: Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftov

Hero
@candiecoatediv Yeah, doe sound like the same as that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 62 (1,737 Views)

Re: Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftov

★★★ Apprentice

They are both connected I think. All my sims will either cook or grab a snack instead of eating any leftovers.  They have also begun to make and drink coffee all day long!!

Message 22 of 62 (1,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just adding my voice here: This is a thing in my game too.

I play without any mods or CC and have all packs installed. Happens since the big patch before the Snowy Escape release.

Message 23 of 62 (1,664 Views)

Nonstop cooking instead of eating leftovers or eating cooked food

★★★★ Novice

Sims won't eat leftovers automatically. Instead, they cook or eat quick food (cereal, etc). Also Sims don't eat the food they make and instead cooks a second dish when on auto mode. Please fix.

Nov 24 20. Game recently updated.

Message 24 of 62 (1,609 Views)

@d230308  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post, and you can keep an eye on the thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 62 (1,601 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

same issue of sims preferring cooking/quick meals over leftovers in the fridge. they will get leftovers if i choose autosolve hunger, but low hunger need + free will they go for the cereal instead of the nice meals already in the fridge. tried with several different fridges, same problem. affects old saves as well

not sure exactly when this bug appeared as i just started playing again when the newest expansion came out, but it wasn't an issue this summer?

Message 26 of 62 (1,448 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I play an unmodded game and have this bug as well. They always start cooking autonomously although their fridge is full of leftovers :/

Message 27 of 62 (1,405 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yes! This issue is driving me insane. The fridge is full of leftovers and my sim children insist on animal crackers or cereal every time they are hungry. They refuse to autonomously eat leftovers. The adult and teen sims will cook new meals as well instead of touching leftovers. Sometimes they cook a meal, put it down, cook another meal. They won't even eat plates left out!
Message 28 of 62 (1,362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ArcherAngelo i just started getting the 'cook a meal, put it down, cook another meal' bug today too (didn't start until after the hotfix today)

and also seemed like they would start eating and then abandon their plates before filling the hunger need even when the order to eat should've overwrote freewill
Message 29 of 62 (1,341 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here! I have to constantly watch the entire family otherwise they just either eat chips/cereal all day or go grilling outside in the rain or cook and leave food everywhere, ultimately settling for quick meal anyway :/ It's pretty frustrating!

Message 30 of 62 (1,264 Views)