Re: [OPEN] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

by MzMelonz

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

★★ Guide

Same here:/ Since the patch, my sims only eat quick meals or cook/grill when they're hungry. I'm used to them only cooking if leftovers aren't availableStandard smile

They also aren't automatically eating the meals they cook—they just cook over and over until I tell them to eat. 

Message 11 of 62 (5,156 Views)

★★ Expert

i can see this as well. they choose quick meals almost every time, instead of grabbing leftovers. surely a lovely caprese salad is better than a bowl of peas! but what do i know. Tongue out

Message 12 of 62 (5,140 Views)

★ Pro
 My Sim no longer eats leftovers they also no longer cook, only eat quick meals unless instructed by me. Have a hired a nanny and a butler they do not cook either.
Message 13 of 62 (5,130 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

★★★★ Guide

I am on console, with the latest update (when the problem started) and have this issue. I have to be diligent about making my sim eat leftovers, when before they would autonomously do so.

Message 14 of 62 (5,070 Views)

Re: Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftov

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Me too with the non-stop cooking. I have leftovers in the fridge when I click on the auto hungry, the sims have a queue to make something new or they get stuck cooking. It's weird and now the ghosts on the lot have joined the loop until they disappear. I'm playing on pc btw.

Message 15 of 62 (5,064 Views)

Sims Won't Eat Leftovers

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Cats & Dogs; Seasons; City Living; Discover University; Get to Work; Get Together; GP: Parenthood; Vampires SP: Laundry Day Stuff; Free Holiday Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on autonomy. 1. Click auto-solve for hunger, and the sim will start preparing for food multiple times without eating any of the prepared food. 2. Put away leftover meals in the fridge (either group meals or single-serving meals), and click auto-solve (or just wait for the sim to "auto solve" their low hunger need.)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will either grab a quick meal OR prepare new food every time when auto-solving their hunger need. When forcing the sim to eat leftovers by manually clicking on the "grab leftover" option, they will indeed grab leftover with no problem. Sometimes with a new save, sims will be able to eat leftovers from the fridge automatically for the very first time, and then they would fall back to the never-ending food preparation pattern.
What do you expect to see? When there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge, sims would at least automatically grab leftovers 5 out of 10 times. Currently, it's 1 out of 10 times at the best.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I first noticed the issue after the November Snowy Escape patch

I am pretty sure that this issue is caused by the Snowy Escape patch since I have another PC with the exact same setup. Same expansion, same game packs, and so on. I wasn't playing on the other PC for a while, and it was still running on version 1.67.45.1020.

For this older version, my sims are able to eat leftovers fine. Some of them would still cook new meals when there are leftovers in the fridge, but not to an annoying point. They would usually gravitate towards eating the leftovers instead of creating new meals, and they rarely grab quick meals.

Message 16 of 62 (5,042 Views)

Re: Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftov

★★★★★ Guide

All of my sims keep cooking and it’s driving me crazy!!! Such a waste of time, money, and food. Literally the fridge is stocked, my toddlers won’t eat any food outside of basegame recipes, all of my sims keep going to the fridge and bbq grill to cook. Even if I leave food on the counter. 

Message 17 of 62 (5,047 Views)

★ Guide

The last few posts in this thread are actually this bug https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Excessive-autonomous-food-preparation/m-p/9753145#M163482 I think.  The first post in this thread may be something different.

Message 18 of 62 (5,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@IngeJones Both are probably tightly connected. It's hard do to differentiate cause everyone that has the cooking issue also has the not eating left-overs (although the ones that don't have the excessive cooking, probably also have the not-eating leftovers which I treat this as different issue.

@candiecoatediv For the toddlers: Is this about autonomy or do you mean this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-won-t-eat-Patch-1-68-154-133/td-p/9716483

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 62 (5,031 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Kind of, my toddlers will pick up the plate and just hold it, they won't eat it. If I get hotdogs, or frank and beans, or pancakes, something from the original packs (non gourmet or pack specific) they will eat it. But if I try to get them to eat garlic noodles they just hold the plate but will not eat, the bar stays in the low and continues to decrease. If I have my sims make hotdogs, tell the toddler to eat, they will eat and finish their meal be be satisfied, unless I queue actions, then they stop eating and put the plate on the counter without finishing their meal.
Message 20 of 62 (4,981 Views)