Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

by ra7orrat

Original Post

★ Guide

my sims do the exact same thing. its now even more frustrating when you try to get your sims to eat only healthy meals like egg whites, my sim will stop making the recipe halfway and just make whatever or get a quick meal. im starting to hate this game. You Make the Sims as their new slogan is such a laugh

Message 41 of 62 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Noticed the same issues. Sims refuse to autonomously eat leftovers in my game and only gets quick meals (and then complains about low quality food lol).

Only way for them to automatously eat prepared food is to leave it out, which ruins the need for a refrigerator.

Message 42 of 62 (1,171 Views)

★★ Guide

Also happening here (on Xbone), leftovers are not being eaten not from the fridge nor when left outside.

I have now locked the kitchen to only let the designated cook in.

Message 43 of 62 (1,074 Views)

★ Guide

So disappointed, yet another patch comes out and no fix for this or the stairs. 

Message 44 of 62 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Guide

Quick warning to anyone with this issue and a mature Cow Plant on the property. 

Sims that cook and don't eat will eventually grab a quick meal out of the fridge... or will autonomously take the cake from the Cow Plant.  In the household where this happens repeatedly, they seem to pace themselves, never taking the cake when they already have the cow plant/Drained moodlet. So, my knucklehead sims never get killed by the cow. But on any given day, at least one Sim in the house has the moodlet. 

Today I was playing a third house where the sims dont eat, and as soon as the cow matured... boom - I had to send somebody into the back yard to go milk their own juice out of the cow.

Message 45 of 62 (1,000 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello, everyone! While the issue is still not fixed officially, there is a mod by LittleMsSam called Prefer Leftover that fixes the bug. You can find it on her Tumblr page, and this mod is part of her Random Small Mods set (sorry, links are not permitted here). Standard smile

Message 46 of 62 (940 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue! I have all content (including kits) and no mods.

Message 47 of 62 (908 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same. and they won't eat what they make, they just put it down and go make something else. OR! one of them will autonomously serve a family size of a meal, and call everybody to eat even if nobody else in the house is hungry

Message 48 of 62 (809 Views)

★★ Novice

@ImKersha wrote:

Hello, everyone! While the issue is still not fixed officially, there is a mod by LittleMsSam called Prefer Leftover that fixes the bug. You can find it on her Tumblr page, and this mod is part of her Random Small Mods set (sorry, links are not permitted here). Standard smile

After looking on their site and clicking the link on the small mods page at the bottom there isn't actually a download file for that specific mod Frown

Message 49 of 62 (766 Views)

★★★ Guide

No, it's in a bundle of other little tiny mods.

I did install it, and it isn't perfect, but better than green clouds rising from uneaten platters everywhere.

The sims in my game went back to eating leftovers, so that's good. When there are no leftovers, they sometimes only cook a single serving. Sometimes, when they need to eat, and there are no leftovers, they don't cook and wander off to do other things. 

Message 50 of 62 (732 Views)