[FIXED] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

by harvestpanda

Original Post

Aging up broken again

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except MWS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to age up sims with any cake, it will fail unless you use "make a wish" and have the cake at a very specific spot on the 8-seater tables.
What happens when the bug occurs? Aging up fails every single time, unless you move the cake to a very specific spot on an 8-seater table, and it only works if you use the "make a wish" option. Every single other way to age up will fail, on every sim, regardless of age.
What do you expect to see? Aging up working on every sim without having to make a wish or have the cake in an exact specific spot, and only that one spot, on any of the big tables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This was broken before the latest patch, but I don't know for how long before. It's extremely annoying and wastes a lot of time trying to find the exact spot on the table that will work. I have not tested on other smaller tables, but every age sim that can age up will have the attempt fail unless I find the sweet spot on the 8-seater tables, any of them.

Edit: Specifically, I mean any spot on any of the center areas on the table, I know it's not supposed to work unless it's in the center of whatever table, but it doesn't work on most of the spots it ought to work on.

Message 71 of 82 (1,003 Views)

Can't use cake to age up NPC

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:Mac

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1220

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats & dogs, seasons, get famous, discover university, snowy escape, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, vampires, parenthood, laundry day, moschino, nifty knitting

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On a birthday cake, select "Age up sim..." select an NPC to age up.

What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC blows out the candles and then stays the same age.

What do you expect to see? I'd expect the NPC to blow out candles and then age up.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Please describe the patch or change you made. This started following the pronoun update

Message 72 of 82 (953 Views)

Re: Can't use cake to age up NPC

EA Staff

Hello,

Thanks for all of the information and files sent about this issue.
We have enough info and save to investigate the issue further, hence we no longer need more saves for this specific issue.

The team is working on it. However, it will take some time.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 73 of 82 (923 Views)

Unable to age up sims

★ Novice

when making a birthday cake and adding And candles I find myself unable to age up my sims Manually please help 

Message 74 of 82 (923 Views)

Re: Unable to age up sims

★★★★ Expert

Are you getting an error message?

The most common one I get is that the option is grayed out and the tooltip tells me that I have to place the cake in the middle of a counter or table, which usually leads to me groaning, "I DID!!!" and wiggling the cake around until the game is happy.  Wink Maybe that's just me, though.

Message 75 of 82 (909 Views)

Re: Unable to age up sims

Hero
@StonerFlames I merged your post with the main thread on Sims not aging up but please let me know if yours is different and you don't have the option at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 82 (946 Views)

Sim won't age up after blowing out candles

★ Guide

Sim won't age up even thought they blow out candles. Ever since the new update sims won't age up manually when blowing out candles. it has happened twice. one of them it was their actual birthday and they didn't age up for days and then got sad about not celebrating their birthday. I play on normal lifespan. it was working before the update.

Message 77 of 82 (920 Views)

Problems with birthday cake and losing saved progress

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I'm a new Simmer with only a couple of packs and no mods/cc. Sims do not age up when blowing out birthday cake candles. The first time this happened, my Sim aged up twice, and I did not know how to recover saves. Shortly, the Sim died. Game over. Second game. 8 sims in the household. None of them age up when the blow out birthday candles. They lag. Sometimes, when they age up and have a great birthday, they get a sad modlet stating their birthday was forgotten. This past time around, the usual lag happened. Having to blow out candles numerous times (thankfully without double aging), I went into CAS and edited the twin Sims that aged up. I saved the game progress. Then, I scheduled the next birthday party for the same day for another toddler. I saved that. I had the legacy founder and one of the moms do some paintings that came out great. I moved them to the room in the house I made as a gallery, and the painting disappeared. I had just saved right before that, and after 20 minutes of looking for this lost painting stuck in wall, I exited the game and decided to try again. Sadly, all of my game progress up until the birthday candles were put on the cake was lost. I am so confused. Everything seemed to save as normal. I checked the files on my computer. There is no trace of those saves. I don't get it. I hate those birthday cakes and candles. I don't think I want to play the Sims anymore. Cool game, but uhhh... I'm afraid to update bc I heard the incest rumors from the recent update. Yeah, no thanks :-/

Message 78 of 82 (905 Views)

Re: Problems with birthday cake and losing saved progress

★ Novice

Hey! 
There's an issue with aging up sims and saving your game. I have the same issue. As far as I know, they're working on fixing it. I'm sorry I can't help you fix the issue for now, but I hope this gives you some more information!

Message 79 of 82 (888 Views)

Re: Problems with birthday cake and losing saved progress

Hero
@13fullmoon I merged your thread with the thread on Sims not aging up.

For the game not saving, please post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-doesn-t-save-Time-reset-on-transition/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 82 (869 Views)