[FIXED] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

by harvestpanda

Original Post

Re: Teenage Girl Sim Won’t Age Up!?

Hero
@Kauziy I merged your post with the bug report on this. They should age up on their own with this bug though so maybe something else is going on in your game.

Did you download the teen from the gallery or are they ingame born ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 82 (725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I adopted the child when she was a baby and she’s been aging up just fine. I got her where she needs to be for college, but now she won’t age up. She just stands there staring at the cake. It definitely upsets me. I don’t want to restart but maybe I should delete the current sim and then add another sim in that’s a teenager and I’ll just build their skill level up again. It’s definitely upsetting. 

Message 62 of 82 (711 Views)

Hero
@Kauziy Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 82 (701 Views)

Young adult sim won't age up on birthday

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Cottage living, snowy escape, eco lifestyle, isling living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living GP: dine out, parenthood, dream home decorator SP: movie hangout staff, laundry day, tiny living, nifty knitting, paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm playing with long livespan. My sim (he was young adult) birthday was coming so i hosted a party to celebrate. Cake was cooked. Candles are set and blown.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim didn't age up.
What do you expect to see? I expect the message that my sim aged up, but the sim stays in young adult stage.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In calendar when the day ended i see that my sim birthday moved to the next day. It did continue few days in row.
I tried to age up my sim manually with `cas.fulleditmode`. But once I did, few minutes later the message about sim aging up appeared. And sim become elder. Then i aged him down to adult. I decided it's a glitch. But then the issue happened again for my sim wife. 

Children can age up properly with no issues. At the same moment once candles on cake are blown. 

Message 64 of 82 (692 Views)

Re: Young adult sim won't age up on birthday

Hero
@bearyMaggie I merged your post with the current threads on Sims not aging up. Could you send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 82 (660 Views)

Aging Up won't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4 (My daughter and I share her account.)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, Island living, Strangerville, Realm of magic, Laundry day pack, Romantic Gardens, Luxury party, Kids room, Parenthood, Outdoor retreat, Get to work, Get famous, Seasons, Spa day, Bust the dust, Country kitchen, Nifty knitting, Vintage Glamor, Toddler pack,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sims won't age up. I turned the aging On, and had them use the cake and it still doesn't work. Their info says "Birthdays are great"... but they aren't aging. This is the second family I have had problems with.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim doesn't age.
What do you expect to see? After baking a cake, then Putting on the birthday candles, the Sim should blow them out then age up. The blow out the candles, but nothing happens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My daughter and I share the same Sims 4 account.  Aging Up won't work.  

Message 66 of 82 (667 Views)

bugs

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Of the expansion packs, I have Discover University, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Together, and City Living. Of the game packs, I have only Parenthood. Of the stuff packs, I have Toddler Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, and Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Aging up a sim using a cake with birthday candles.
What happens when the bug occurs? After I bake a cake and put put birthday candles on it, I go to age up my sims. They'll blow out the candles, the age up icon shows on the queue, but then suddenly disappears. My sims won't age unless I repeatedly used the birthday candles and all age up options or won't age up at all.
What do you expect to see? Sims should age up when using the birthday cake.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch I have installed was the patch made on November 2nd, 2021.

While I do not have a video or photo of this, I know I am not the only one who has encountered this. I know Lilsimsie has also encountered this on her most recent video of her Nightmare Legacy Challenge, so I know this isn't just a console bug as it appears on PC as well. It happens between 8 minutes to 9 minutes of her video on YouTube. The title of her video is "the fire toilet strikes again". I'm not going to share the video without her permission, but at least I can inform you of the video and it's timestamp of when it happens. This bug more so happens when aging a Young Adult into an Adult sim, as my Toddler who aged to a Child was fine. Another detail is that I was trying this in a small kitchen, so there was only one tile of walking/playable space between my island counters and regular counters. When and if my sims aged up, they teleported outside. I also tried placing the cake on the table in the dining room, where there was more space but my sim still wouldn't age up. This has happened to both of my sims who were Young Adults. This has only happened since the latest patch.

Message 67 of 82 (870 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

★★★ Guide

I have this issue as well. It's some sort of routing issue. You need to make sure there is large space to teleport and age up (or sometimes to walk into another room to age up which is just as annoying. I know some people traveling to another lot has helped them, but I just make sure there is space.

Message 68 of 82 (798 Views)

Aging Sim Up with Birthday Cake

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Get Together. All game packs except for Jungle Adventure and Strangerville. All stuff packs except for Paranormal, Moschino, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to age up sim with birthday cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? When teenagers blow out candles, make a wish, or taste frosting, they do not age up right away, it takes at least four tries.
What do you expect to see? Sim should age up after first attempt at blowing out candles, tasting frosting or making a wish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It takes numerous times to age up a sim teenager.

Message 69 of 82 (734 Views)

Sims don't age up on birthday

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bake a cake and add candles then select any of the options that are designed to "Age Up" your sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? It happened to 2 of my sims - teen to young adult, adult to elder. Sim performs the interaction and those surrounding them celebrate, and they get birthday moodlets. But the birthday sim does not progress to age. I tried with several different cakes and options, but the result was the same. I proceeded single day after the birthday, but they still do not age up.
What do you expect to see? Sim ages after the option which occurs age up.

save file attached by google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/156N7zA_fF0gXPkC4p-FcxGYWyKIQ-HDH/view?usp=sharing 

Message 70 of 82 (688 Views)