[NEEDS SAVES] Sims doesn't CALL TO MEAL before taking a plate - so grabs another

by Blood0rchid

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims doesn't CALL TO MEAL before taking a plate - so grabs another

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest 1.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor (camping) Pets stuff Cats and Dogs Seasons Spa
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook meal for several people and watch what happens before you can even select CALL TO MEAL
What happens when the bug occurs? When making a meal for several people, once complete and she sets the servings down, she will take one and go eat. When I select the main plate and CALL TO MEAL - she will then get up with her current plate, go put it down somewhere, and CALL the others to eat - then grab another plate...EVERYTIME.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to CALL all other sims to the meal THEN take a plate and go sit down
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This should either be automatic when making a meal, or Sim shouldn't do anything once the plate is set out, until CALL TO MEAL is selected - right now there is no time to select and click that option before she has already grabbed a plate...even if I pause it as quick as I can after the pouring meal on the plate animation is done.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,601 Views)

Re: New Bug with Food and Eating?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Blood0rchid A bug thread is here for the continuous eating, please post in this thread and add your "Me Too" to the first post. They need saves so please share yours. 

The second issue also has a thread so please post in this thread and add your "Me Too" to the first post also.

Bug threads need to be about one issue only. Please edit your bug report to remove the first two issues you mentioned and only leave the third one, as I do not believe there is a thread for that one.

Message 2 of 12 (2,552 Views)

Re: New Bug with Food and Eating?

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper ok I edited my original post.
Message 3 of 12 (2,491 Views)

Re: Sims doesn't CALL TO MEAL before taking a plate - so grabs another one...

★★★ Guide

My Sims can't call to meal at all anymore - the option simply isn't there.

Message 4 of 12 (2,352 Views)

Hero
@MadameNordica What platform are you on ? Any mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (2,342 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't know if it's a bug or simply a bad implemented mechanic, but like with many other bad mechanics in this game there is a mod that fixes this by LittleMsSims. Just in case there is still people struggling with this.

Message 6 of 12 (2,272 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims doesn't CALL TO MEAL before taking a plate - so grabs another on

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on PC and this happens to me as well, for quite a while. The sim is usually getting in the yellow for hunger though and after finishing cooking the meal, will immediately pick up a plate to satisfy the hunger. It doesn't matter if you have something in queue behind it, they will still grab the plate, then put it down. If you use the "call to meal" after they have the plate, they put the plate down and then go grab another plate.

Considering free will was not enabled, and she was the selected sim - I feel she should NOT have taken a plate until I put it in her queue.

Now if I moved away from her, and free will was on, I can see why she tried to feed herself if she was in the yellow for hunger.

But even as she has the plate (free will), and then I intervene and have her do the "call to meal" she's going to consider that priority, put down the plate and then pick up another plate when she uses the call to meal action.

My workaround when two sims are in the house is I let the initial sim take the two plates. Since they've already put one down, I go to the second sim, cancel the "call to meal" action in that queue and then have them eat the first plate, my first sim put down. *sigh* it's a lot, I know.

Message 7 of 12 (2,104 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims doesn't CALL TO MEAL before taking a plate - so grabs another on

Champion
@born2btxgrl Or you could just let the first one keep their plate, and tell the second Sim to grab a serving, rather than use “call to meal” at all? This is why I rarely use that option, even in an eight Sim house. I just cycle through and tell everyone who needs one to grab a plate - or just leave it out on the counter and with autonomy on they’ll usually come get it themselves.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 12 (2,069 Views)

★★ Pro
@Blood0rchid I agree that the auto grab after finishing cooking is super annoying. It only makes sense if the sim is cooking a single serving but I'd happily see this feature completely removed. Usually when cooking a group meal there's a _group_ of sims involved and I'd rather have them start eating together at the same time.
Message 9 of 12 (2,056 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PipMenace I think most of the time that I have multiple people over usually for a goal event or the whims bubble says they are hungry when they attend the event. Even though I have autonomy on for "other" sims - they rarely eat or drink anything! And it's pretty annoying when my sim is cooking and then a guest wants to make a white cake... I can't tell you how many white cakes I've thrown away! Or use the BBQ grill for that dang drink/potion! But when I try to cook at other people's houses, I get kicked out for being "Inappropriate". Maybe that's the issue I should be focused on instead in this case LOL.

Message 10 of 12 (2,046 Views)