by MapleSimmer

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims do not clean plates when one is on a half wall

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco Lifestyle, Magic, and Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a dirty plate on a coffee table or dining table, AND one on a half wall. When sim is directed to clean plate on table, they pick up plate then put it down numerous times, then give up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not clean plates when one is on a half wall.
What do you expect to see? Sims to clean up plates regardless of the plate location as long as it is accessible by the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update 6/10/2020 PC: 1.63.136.1010

Sims do not clean plates when one is on a half wall. Place a dirty plate on a coffee table or dining table, AND one on a half wall. When sim is directed to clean plate on table, they pick up plate then put it down numerous times, then give up. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 5 (4,505 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims do not clean plates when one is on a half wall

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm I've noticed the same thing.  I try to drag all the plates from the half wall to another service.  If possible I try to add the half wall toppers that stop sims from being able to place things on half walls (the ones that come with Dine Out and Get Famous), but it's not always feasible to do that. An alternative is to put small deco items on the half walls so they can't be used for plates, etc. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

No mods/cc, game version PC: 1.63.136.1010 and all packs up to and including Eco Lifestyle 

Message 2 of 5 (4,419 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Does anyone have a save file they can share with me that reproduces this issue? A video would be useful too. You can send me a DM with a link to your save/video. Thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me a save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (4,379 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruNick  I sent you a message with a save and with a link to a video (specific point in the video) which shows the maid having issues, though in the end when I realized it was causing issues I just dragged the dishes off the wall and put them on the counter and then the maid was able to clean.  I had also noticed my actual sim putting the dishes back too, so it's not just the maid having the issue.

For now my work around is either to use wall toppers (which come with either Dine Out or Get Famous) or to put small decorative items in the slots where the dishes can be put. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 5 (4,351 Views)

Won’t Clean Up Items on Half Wall

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Sdx 10.0 (latest on console)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work dine out city living jungle adventure seasons spa day cool kitchen vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a half wall near the kitchen of active household. Put a ledge on the half wall. Half wall is slightly taller than average. Have sims create dirty dishes. They will sit them there until they cannot anymore.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will put dishes on ledge until no more fit. They will attempt to clean up but will not. They will sit the dish back in the ledge of the half wall, even if you manually ask them to clean up.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to see dishes piled up on the wall. I expect if sims put their dishes there that they are able to also clean them up autonomously and manually.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/a

Message 5 of 5 (1,983 Views)