Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead

by Ardnaxela56

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Sims, food, and dishes

Hero
@greenean71 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Please press me too on the first post

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 94 (492 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous food preparation

★★★★ Novice
Same problem here. I had tons of food in the fridge before updating the game. After the update, the sims just prepare more food instead of eating it.

If I force them to eat the leftovers, they do, but they don't do that autonomously.

Side note: I really hate this forum software. Breaking the back button functionality of the browser is not OK. I guess that's one more thing to hate about EA, in addition to the origin client and the origin site.
Message 32 of 94 (476 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@vladnc Still interested in saves on this if you are on PC/Mac

See my signature

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 94 (460 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I'll try to reproduce it starting from a clean slate. The save I have might have been affected by mods I used in the past, even though I don't use mods at the moment.

Message 34 of 94 (447 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict  I have just DM'd you a link to a save file for this issue.  The family is the pre-made Kealoha family in Sulani.  

For clarification, I am only seeing it, so far, when a single sim from the family has been off lot and returns to find a sim grilling.  The sim who has grilled places food on a table and then either goes to get a quick meal, or, queues up cooking again.  I haven't let it go to the point of seeing sims get in a loop for the action.  I simply have queued up "grab a serving" and that's the end of it.

This is a new PC save started after installing SE and is in a never used mod/cc free game.

Message 35 of 94 (439 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@dolldrms1 Thank you. I'll check it out tomorrow

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 94 (426 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@crinrict All the save files I make work fine after loading from that save point. The condition does not occur from a saved game. The best way I have found to observe this is to make a new sim (three for three my loner foodies have had the condition the first time they hunger). Start a fresh game, max speed... touch nothing, give no direction, just watch. When they hunger they over cook stuff and then have a quick meal.
Message 37 of 94 (408 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

(without mods, without club gathering, existing save) Sims are cancelling "get leftovers" to cook instead when hungry (fridge is full of leftovers) 

Message 38 of 94 (378 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Oh yes... this has definitely happened to me while a Sim is on vacation at any place with members of other households, even if there is more than one plate laying around with food. 

Message 39 of 94 (352 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here is the video of the bug (I also sent a pm with a save file). Don't know if the video will be visible here, as whenever I upload it, no matter what size I choose it is very small.

Message 40 of 94 (302 Views)