[FIXED] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead

by Ardnaxela56

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issues. Its sooo frustrating trying to get a sim to finish cooking one meal. they stop mid prep and grab new ingredients from the fridge. repeat. 

Message 211 of 352 (1,208 Views)

Meal Preparation

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Version 8.03
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs Jungle Adventure Bowling Night Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cooking meals
What happens when the bug occurs? Once a sim cooks a meal, they will go to the fridge or cooler and make another meal instead of eating the first meal they prepared
What do you expect to see? Once a sim cooks a meal I expect them to eat it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever a sim prepares a meal, instead of eating it, they automatically make another meal. Then their hunger meter gets very low

Message 212 of 352 (1,218 Views)

Re: Meal Preparation

★ Apprentice

I'm getting the same issue but on PC

They are also obsessed with making destress mixtures on the grill

Message 213 of 352 (1,190 Views)

Re: Meal Preparation

★ Apprentice

Same issue here.  Constantly cooking food but not eating; making de-stressing concoctions.  Looking forward to this one getting fixed!!

Message 214 of 352 (1,121 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★★★ Novice

This bug haven't been fixed yet?...damn, and here I am thinking that EA (or whoever that makes the game.) would get ontop of their game...what a disappoint.

Message 215 of 352 (1,027 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Brunocarvalh0  You might be able to use MC Command Center's MC Tuner to disallow any autonomous cooking.

Message 216 of 352 (986 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It happens to me too, I play on PC only base game, never installed mods or CC. It's really annoying when they have 6 family meals cooked in the fridge and my 8 sims decide to keep on cooking when they are hungry instead of grabbing leftovers. Also visitors Cook as well if I don't grab a meal and call them to eat

Message 217 of 352 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TeahouseFox

I had the bar issue also! Had to disable autonomy on that, too. As for the dishes, I've found it's easier to just drag them to the trash can myself than it is to fight with the sims to get them to follow instructions, since it seems autonomous actions usually can't be canceled from queues unless you reset the sim and player directed actions are the ones that get dropped from queues more often than not.

I seem to recall something being mentioned about "fixing" a "problem" with sims getting endless leftovers from the fridge in the November patch notes. Still scratching my head as to how this was supposed to be a "fix" for something that was never broken to begin with.

Another note on the dishes...sometimes they'll drop the plates if there's a dirty dish in a location that isn't routable. If you have any shelves on the wall, check those. For whatever reason, they can put dishes on those shelves after they've eaten, but they cannot take them back off the shelves again. Same applies to the tops of half walls. I've also found dirty dishes just magically floating between different levels of the house, somewhere between the ceiling of the first level and the floor of the second. I've found that when sims drop the dirty piles of dishes, it's usually because there's a dirty dish in a location where they can't retrieve it. They can put it there, but they can't retrieve it...and that causes the clean up sequence to drop from their queues.

I've also found that periodically replacing stoves, dishwashers, and every other appliance affected by cooking/eating/dishwashing helps a bit. You know how sims like to drop that "cook" action to start cooking something else? If they were baking something in the oven, it'll get left there to spoil, and they view that as a dirty dish that can't be retrieved, which causes them to drop the dishes they did collect when clean up gets dropped from their queue. Ovens are affected the same way microwaves and grills are when it comes to sims abandoning one meal to begin cooking another one.

I have a couple of mods I use to keep the game in a playable state - one allows me to configure autonomy (and disable specific autonomous actions on specific items) and the other adds cheat functionality to the UI for ease of use.

Mods aside, fillmotive motive_Hunger is the best way to address the hunger need now, sadly. I always laugh to myself when they introduce new foods and recipes to the game. As if cooking and eating are even viable options anymore since they "fixed" it last November. Wink

Message 218 of 352 (812 Views)

★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Yep, that's what I've been using. The game's no longer playable without it.
Message 219 of 352 (810 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@BitterBubbly   Yeah, SO ANNOYING.

Message 220 of 352 (755 Views)