[FIXED] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead

by Ardnaxela56

Original Post

Re: Cooking after food is already been cooked - After Update

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I follow your instructions. It didn't happen again. Thank you.
Message 11 of 352 (4,411 Views)

Re: Cooking after food is already been cooked - After Update

Hero
@ctamarti Good to hear. Let me know when it comes back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 352 (4,402 Views)

Re: Excessive autonomous food preparation

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here, on console (PS4) so no mods or cc, I’m having this problem with just the game as it comes. Within minutes of loading into my current household, where all three family members were hungry, they all began cooking. And grilling. And more cooking. And when they ran out of counter space to cook, they’d go to the fridge to start cooking and put the thing they couldn’t cook on any available surface. When they finally ran out of space to put things, they’d get a quick meal and eat. There were literally finished meals or started meals everywhere in the house.

Message 13 of 352 (4,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@OrbiZart do you have Eco ? There could still be issues with that if the NAP is active and there's also club gathering and room mates that still cause issues.

Unfortunately can't test console saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 352 (4,468 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I do not have Eco. 

Message 15 of 352 (4,412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, I started a new game tonight to see if the excessive cooking happened there. The first time the new sim got hungry, she made herself a salad and ate it. The next time though, she cooked, grilled, cooked again, and then had a quick meal. So this is just happening on both old and new saves on PS4.

Message 16 of 352 (4,371 Views)

Anonymous

Mod-free test save for the new Snowy Escape pack. Sim is in the park in Senbamachi, and she's hungry. But she just keeps grilling different foods on the grills which are placed there, never stopping to eat the food she makes.

Message 17 of 352 (4,361 Views)

Hero
Could folks that have this please send me your saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 352 (4,331 Views)

Excessive cooking problem - Nov 2020

★★★ Novice

Hi there!

I've had the new November 2020 update since yesterday and I've noticed that my sims are making excessive food, and it's kind of annoying if ya know what I mean haha. 

For example, My sim makes a large platter of food, let's say burgers; they make the burgers and then instead of grabbing a serving from the freshly cooked food, they go to the fridge and pull out a yogurt (or another quick snack) and walk off with that. I also have my other sims on the lot coming up to and doing the exact same thing at the same time.

Long story short, I have a lot of food lying around my lot and I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be there.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Thanks.

Message 19 of 352 (4,310 Views)

Re: Excessive cooking problem - Nov 2020

Hero
@SciaticDuke1624 Merged your post

If you're on PC/Mac, would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 352 (4,306 Views)