Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

by whitejade1979

Original Post

Re: Obsessively cooking but will only eat quick meals

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue (PC- Inspiron g5) 

using MCC but it happens without it as well. Even the the parks are full of dishes and spoiled food. If I have a popcorn maker, they really only eat popcorn. 

I have Snowy Escape, Great Outdoors, Pets, Seasons, Parenthood, Movie Night , Vintage one, city living, get famous, spooky and tiny. 

I feel like my sims are living in a gray still plays episode! 

Message 141 of 352 (1,290 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★★★ Newbie

I don't use any mods and I have the exact same problem. It happened after the new patch. Very annoying. They don't automatically grab a plate after they prepared a meal (which did use to be the case) and instead as you mentioned, start cooking something new. Every sim that visits me also comes to empty my fridge and cook whatever. So rude Shocked

Message 142 of 352 (1,256 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue specifically with NPCs.  The poor tables in Newcrest are absolutely loaded with finished group meals.

Message 143 of 352 (1,222 Views)

Sims Serving food repeatedly

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36.105.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 0
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When the sims go to make there own food watch and see if they repeatedly serve food withought eating it until about the 4th serving
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim repeatedly serves food
What do you expect to see? After the sim serves food on its own it will continue to make more food
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

watch your sims a lot of the times when they go to make food withought you commanding them watch to see if they continue to make another serving withought eating from what they just made

Message 144 of 352 (1,219 Views)

Re: Sims Serving food repeatedly

★★★★ Expert
@Logan_LatsTTV

Saw this. My sim was hungry and made 4 or 5 servings and just left them around and continued to make them until I had to reset them to stop it. Seems to be a fairly rare ocurrence as it hasn't happened since.
Message 145 of 352 (1,216 Views)

★★ Novice

Same. This is driving me nuts.

Message 146 of 352 (1,028 Views)

★★★ Guide
I am also having this problem it is so frustrating with a full house that I had to stop paying because I was just screaming at my sims all the time. If you clicked the hunger bar they used to go get leftovers. When they got hungry they would autonomously get leftovers. Now they just cook new stuff all the time, adults teens won't even eat what they cook, and the kids keep eating garbage quick meals. It's infuriating when I take the time to make sure there is plenty cooked in the fridge for them to eat. Plus every time they cook it takes household funds and they don't pick cheap stuff.
Message 147 of 352 (999 Views)

★ Guide

it is annoying and at this point I removed all grills and fridges from my houses or put them in a place with a door I can lock

Message 148 of 352 (967 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm playing the base game on the Xbox One and I'm also having this issue, so whatever the problem is it is not because of mods or installed packs. I'm sure mods on the computer version could make the issue more frequent or common, but the cause is not from mods. As I said it's also not a problem with having packs installed, though update data affecting a specific pack could be the culprit. Since this sort of thing has happened before, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there is update data meant for a specific pack that is affecting people without that pack.

I'm about to remove this dumb grill outside my house, because right now the sims' autonomy is so stupid that they will literally walk back and forth just to keep cooking. Just as an example I saw one sim grill food outside then placed it on the outdoor table, then walked back to the grill to cook again and took the cooked food inside to put on a counter, then proceeded to microwave a meal only to leave the meal in the microwave just to walk back outside to grill again. My sims are also overly obsessed with tea and coffee makers, so much so that I ended up getting rid of them and this grill is about to join them.

Message 149 of 352 (913 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've now given up on maintaining a cow plant with this bug. 

The sims go downstairs every morning, and I have to perform some sort of mouse-clicking Kung Fu to stop them from autonomously cooking over and over, leaving cutting boards, platters or bowls everywhere before eventually deciding that the cow plant's offer of cake is the best thing ever.

This household had a sim with the cow plant moodlet on every single day. It got so tedious blocking suicidal sims, interrupting their cooking frenzy, then force feeding them leftovers, and finally forcing them to feed the cow before they fed the cow. Every. Single. Day.

Message 150 of 352 (833 Views)